(rubies Armor) Any Have $800 To Spare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

Hey guys, I am so unhappy learning about the new and improved rubies MC armor, how its FRICKING awesome and there is only one problem with it, its $800! There is one going for $60 but it only includes:

1. complete helmet

2. half forearms

3. top of knee

4.chest

5. and gloves = undersuit

any help (and yes I'm making my own armor but by that time halo 3 will be like halo 2, unwanted)

About Halo 3 being like Halo 2. Halo 3 been out for a year now and it's still really popular so even if that happens before you finish your armor I think people will still know who you are. Plus Halo 3 Recon is coming out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RadioactiV777 @ Nov 25 2008, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know what to say about these topics anymore, the new Rubies armor is pretty good but... I dunno. >_<</div>
here is one pic (in awe)

halo3UltraDeluxe.jpg

Alright, I think your confused about a few things here, there are 3 versions of the costume.
Basic- half mask, chest, crappy printed udersuit, thin EVA molded armor ($30)
Deluxe- two piece mask, chest, half forearms, half shin-pieces, crappy undersuit, thin EVA molded armor ($60)
Supreme- full armor, overhead helmet, good undersuit, quality plastic armor ($600-$800), this is the one on your picture
Our stuff is still 110% better though.

iizahsum said:
no, you could do so much better for so much less. that armor is crap in my eyes.
well, you got a point, but i still want the helmet (cough visor cough)

Last edited by a moderator:
AI Blue Fox said:
well, you got a point, but i still want the helmet (cough visor cough)

the real visor doesn't look like that one.

There's a topic somewhere, do a search on it. All I know is that it is not what it is in that picture.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
the real visor doesn't look like that one.

There's a topic somewhere, do a search on it. All I know is that it is not what it is in that picture.
the other thread is about the 2nd suit, this is the improved third

AI Blue Fox said:
the other thread is about the 2nd suit, this is the improved third

NO ! That is the Prototype version 1.0 for convention 2007

Now the Final version is that, I know because I talk directly to Rubies about the Armor (I work in a costume shop) and that is the FINAL VERSION, no other version !

[attachment=7369:halo_costume.jpg]

Rubies=FAIL

You would be better off making your own suit, hell you could fail several times trying to make one and you still won't reach $800. Besides, most of us here are willing and able to get jobs and we still cannot afford $800....

Oh and please do not beg us to give you money to buy something. Unless you are going to use it constructively, not just buy someone Else's made armour.

On an off topic, the 's materials are actually wearable, and the helmet only needs a visor behind the one already there, and it will be nice.

ILikeCats said:
Oh and please do not beg us to give you money to buy something. Unless you are going to use it constructively, not just buy someone Else's made armour.

On an off topic, the 's materials are actually wearable, and the helmet only needs a visor behind the one already there, and it will be nice.
(gasp) i would never ask for money, its just being funny

So lets look at this: Rubies vs. JediStumpy
Mine is half pep and half muckel
For the price....and mine not being the best made out there...I would buy mine.
I would put up other members pics but don't want to do that without permission. Just go look and the completed armor topic (Adam started it) to look at samples (not everyone's finished armor is on there) and see just you can create. Plus it way more fun and a great learning experience. Just start with cardboard. I did that first and moved to pep and molded.
I bet you can create something really cool with cardboard if you put you mind to it. plus I'm sure you parents might like that better than you using fiberglass or asking for $800! Good luck!

halo3UltraDeluxe.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

JediStumpy said:
So lets look at this: Rubies vs. JediStumpy
Mine is half pep and half muckel
For the price....and mine not being the best made out there...I would buy mine.
I would put up other members pics but don't want to do that without permission. Just go look and the completed armor topic (Adam started it) to look at samples (not everyone's finished armor is on there) and see just you can create. Plus it way more fun and a great learning experience. Just start with cardboard. I did that first and moved to pep and molded.
I bet you can create something really cool with cardboard if you put you mind to it. plus I'm sure you parents might like that better than you using fiberglass or asking for $800! Good luck!
halo3UltraDeluxe.jpg

DSC01442.jpg
you have to at least give credit to them for the forearms and the hands, thats why im bying the forearms and hands, i started on an HD chest (i have a bit of experience with normal def, but this is my first high def)

the fore arms and hands are what i hate the most about rubies they're to fat and look completly wrong. trust the armour is complete $#!T. im sorry it had to be said, im not trying to be mean but seriously a HD pep suit would cost you SO MUCH LESS MONEY AND LOOK SO MUCH BETTER. Damn a low def file would be cheaper and probably still look better after some detailing. dont buy it save your money do pep. it takes longer but you could have the pep portion done by the time they probably would have shipped that. then its just following safety rules and not screwing up (wich is extremely hard to do) and you have a better suit.

~Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back