Rubies Master Chief Costume..

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, that doesn't look bad at all, the only bad part is the chest and helmet, and even then, the helmet only has a junky paint job.

just spray it with a flat black primer to get that gloss out of the way, and paint it whatever you want. its begging for modification.

that undersuit is pretty nice though, wouldnt mind getting that seperatley.

thorssoli said:
I'm with you man. I'm tired of the rest of the process. I think I'll just order up one of these and quit the rest of my project.

Just kidding.

I will be honest though, I'd been waiting to see something other than the promotional pics before I'd consider picking one up and it looks better than I expected. I'm liking the idea of using it as a base for modification. Where did you find it for $680?

I'll get some pictures up from Halloween. I'll show you guys what it looks like complete. But I picked it up for $680 on ebay. Tonyk costume store is selling them for $620 + shipping which ended up being about $680. As for the repaint, that will probably become a reality very soon. I will post some pics and updates as time goes. Thanks for the comments and criticism. And if you guys have more, please keep the comments and criticism coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, about 2 weeks ago i was looking through a party city ad and i found this
Link
For a second i thought it was rubies for 80 bucks but this would be a good base if you wanted to modify it.

Edit- it comes with a under suit and the helmet seems pretty bad, its a 2 piece

@Spartas Phalanx
The item in your link don't exist, is a prototype, the real version is that :

410MAsmtweL._SS500_.jpg

and the armor is foam...

I don't talk about the link... I talk abaout the product... the product don't exist, the picture in the link is a Prototype version. And the picture you put now is also a Prototype...

The final product is what you see in my Avatar (the helmet is different, the armor is different and the undersuit is different :D )

Spartas Phalanx said:
I was talking about this, THe link still works for me.
33210.jpg

i am thinking of buying the helmet and repainting it. It isnt to bad but i would put a hjc visor behind it so people wouldnt see my face. Thats what is lame and the paint job is not to great. I got the half one to joke around when i went into the halloween store in del mar to buy silly string... it was $15 for front half but every thing was 50% off.

That is a LOT better than the set they advertised with before. You guys remember the suit they used before? with the long face and lighter green and no weathering on the paint job, but had a huge "battle damage dent" in the chest?

XxHennersXx said:
That is a LOT better than the set they advertised with before. You guys remember the suit they used before? with the long face and lighter green and no weathering on the paint job, but had a huge "battle damage dent" in the chest?
33210.jpg

Few posts above you.

I want it, but its dam to much, how is a twelve year old going to get 800 fricken dollars! I am thinking of getting the helmet, the awesome one is only $40.

Ok that again... all of your picture are wrong... your picture is PROTOTYPE, the true version is THAT :

Supreme Edition Master Chief Rubie's Costume :

[attachment=7368:halo_costume.jpg]

blackshield77 said:
Ok that again... all of your picture are wrong... your picture is PROTOTYPE, the true version is THAT :

Supreme Edition Master Chief Rubie's Costume :

[attachment=7368:halo_costume.jpg]
I still want it, but still too expensive!

Mind sharing some pictures of you wearing it Sylvain?

The undersuit and the helmet don't look that bad. Could look pretty good with modifications and some bondo.

You put some work into that and it really wouldn't be too bad looking. The visor definitely needs to be replaced. I like the look of the undersuit. The forearms didn't look too bad either. Overall, not a total piece of crap. It just needs some lovin. Of course the above is just my opinion. You don't have to agree with it or like it.

Actually not a bad looking suit...I would say more of a Halo 2 version!!

Just replace the Thighs with crackheads version and also replace the the Torso with FS and also the use Robo's boots and yeah slap on a FS HD helmet and its all good!!

I would also sand the plastic till you have no shiny parts and repaint...nice looking suit for the price you spent specially you get a descent looking understuit!

Mr. Sniffles, you are 5'5 you say, sheesh, I would help out on some of the parts if you need modding! I have a set of crackheads thighs I did that are a wee bit oversized for me, (I am 5'4) its scaled at 42.5 cm and no Resin or FG has been added!

WetOkole said:
Actually not a bad looking suit...I would say more of a Halo 2 version!!

Just replace the Thighs with crackheads version and also replace the the Torso with FS and also the use Robo's boots and yeah slap on a FS HD helmet and its all good!!

I would also sand the plastic till you have no shiny parts and repaint...nice looking suit for the price you spent specially you get a descent looking understuit!

Mr. Sniffles, you are 5'5 you say, sheesh, I would help out on some of the parts if you need modding! I have a set of crackheads thighs I did that are a wee bit oversized for me, (I am 5'4) its scaled at 42.5 cm and no Resin or FG has been added!

Haha. That's a lot of replacing. I might just have to take you up on your offer to help. I will do some sanding and repainting soon. I'm just being patient with it. I would hate to rush through and mess something up. Otherwise, thanks for all the feedback!

i thought it was kool either way. atleast someone thought of making an actual costume piece. [not going off at our armoury... ours owns....]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back