Ryno's Halo Mark VII Team Stealth MJOLNIR Prototype "son's helmet"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's looking really cool! Gotta read through the thread properly once I'm home. I'm probably doubling up here but whats that foam you used on the first page inside the helmet?

Thanks. The product is called Poly foam f3. It's the same stuff a car seat is made of. Has various densities you can get. Sponge like, cool and very comfortable.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1439853930343.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439853941323.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439853953830.jpg
New and improved versions coming. I learned alot about Monster Clay. This will be mold number 2.

So do you make the mold out of monster clay or the piece you are making the mold from? I'm always amazed when people can build things out of clay, I have no sense of scale for that sorta thing:)

So do you make the mold out of monster clay or the piece you are making the mold from? I'm always amazed when people can build things out of clay, I have no sense of scale for that sorta thing:)
The first mold was cast in resin so I could make some play versions.

Then when I melted the monster clay and molded it. This was so I can learn how to use the product as well as do many refinements. Clay is so easy to work with but it requires a lot of patience and forward thinking. It allowed me to do the corrections to helmet that otherwise be impossible. This helmet was my first pep project and it showed. There where distortions through out and the clay gives you a way to resculpt those areas. I'm happy for now. I'm sure this will get another afterwards. This is the old school method of remolding until you have a near perfect piece mixed up with new products and cheaper materials.

My glove mold only cost roughly $50 each time I make one.

I don't have much time to do my projects so its taking forever and I can afford to "not" be efficient when I can.

My main focus in prop making is the process and all the wonderful tools I get to play with. I love thinking outside of the box and trying new innovative ways.

Master Chief is still alive!

One very lucky little kid that has been through a lot is going to have a great birthday! uploadfromtaptalk1442845853686.jpguploadfromtaptalk1442845881094.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back