Props S1l3nt V1p3r's Br55 Battle Rifle W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
New poll option! Which scheme sounds more awesome? Desert or Regular?

EDIT!
Forgot to post this video, guess a lot of things have kept me occupied. :rolleyes

Last edited by a moderator:
...whoa... :eek:

THIS is truly bad @$$! I know you're busy and all, but when do you think you're going to finish the BR and Magnum? And are you going to make the SMG with a silencer like off of the RECON trailer?

Awesome job SV!

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Look, I just sent them an E-mail for lulz, I never expected them to actually put me up there. So I was surprised, I never thought it could happen to me! ;)

Im just kiddin V1p3r.
But in all serious...
I vote Elite Showcase.

pooper said:
...whoa... :eek:

THIS is truly bad @$$! I know you're busy and all, but when do you think you're going to finish the BR and Magnum? And are you going to make the SMG with a silencer like off of the RECON trailer?

Awesome job SV!

To tell you the truth, I am just a few details away from completing the Magnum, like letters, indentations and switches.
Right now, the BR is getting it's first layer of filling primer, to give it a smooth and shiny surface. I'll give it a heavier second coat when I'm done with this post here.

As for the SMG, I'm not sure how to approach this one. I still need to plan EVERY step, or else I might screw it up.

Looks like the people have voted, and it seems you guys are into regular black/gray theme. ^^

I will still paint the BR with a Tan Primer and black paint, but the end result will be the regular color scheme. ;)

Hi S1l3ntV1p3r,

I had been watching the 405th for months. Purusing the weapons being built by everyone. Then I got the chance to join. Your BR55 is what inspired me to try and build one. I had made my son one many years ago and yours made it look terrible. So your great creation inspired me to try again.

Thanks for the chance to see your awesome work.

LeeKegan said:
Hi S1l3ntV1p3r,

I had been watching the 405th for months. Purusing the weapons being built by everyone. Then I got the chance to join. Your BR55 is what inspired me to try and build one. I had made my son one many years ago and yours made it look terrible. So your great creation inspired me to try again.

Thanks for the chance to see your awesome work.

Omg... I inspire people? o_o
Lee, I can't possibly be your inspiration, because you are MY inspiration. :3

Hey, I have thought about making a sniper rifle. Seen you were working on one and put it on hold. Have you got any blue prints for it?

LeeKegan said:
Hey, I have thought about making a sniper rifle. Seen you were working on one and put it on hold. Have you got any blue prints for it?

I'm afraid I don't have one. I'm sorry Lee.

Damn, Viper... you truly are a master of the wood here! That's a bee-you-tee-full BR you've got in the works there. Whenever I can get around to making one myself, I can only hope it'll be half as good as yours, dude. You really raised the bar on skill and quality with these ;)

@ LeeKegan: I don't know if you ever saw my templates thread (it was one of the earlier posts I made here when I first joined, so it's buried somewhere under tons of newer posts, lol), but I drafted myself a few blueprints for some of the UNSC weapons.

I've got all of my prop stuff packed away at the moment, but I can try to find them if you're interested. Not necessarily the most accurate -- though I like to think I did an adequate job with them -- but it could at least help you get started :cool:

Thanks Spartan II, I'll look at your old post and see if I can find them. If you find your prints PM Please.

SPARTAN II said:
Damn, Viper... you truly are a master of the wood here! That's a bee-you-tee-full BR you've got in the works there. Whenever I can get around to making one myself, I can only hope it'll be half as good as yours, dude. You really raised the bar on skill and quality with these ;)

Thank you very much, Spartan. ;)
Don't worry, I'm sure your work will be as good or even better than mine. ^^

*EDIT*
Happy New Year to you too!

Well, we'll just have to wait and see on that. I mean, I've got to actually get to the point of making these myself, and given the other projects I'm falling behind on (Mk VI suit, etc.) it could be a while before that happens :p lol

I (as well as everyone else following along with this project) eagerly wait to see more of this build :)

P.S., Happy New Year to you as well, dude!

I just got myself a Scroll/Contour Saw from my dad as a late Christmas present. :D With this I'll be able to make better props! Woo! ^^

Plans for tomorrow: Spackle, sand, repeat. Then I'm gonna add 2-3 layers of Automotive Primer to seal the wood and the spackle. Sand, spray, repeat.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back