San Diego Comic Con 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger06

Opening up this thread for those of you planning on SDCC 2012.

We realized a lot of folks didn't get tickets this year, so we're looking at hosting the photoshoot in a public area so everyone can attend.

"Halo: The Fallen", a California based fan film, will also be looking to showcase some props and behind the scenes specials to those who attend the photoshoot.

If you are attending, please list the days and times you will likely be available either here or on our facebook event pages!

405th SDCC 2012 Photoshoot

I'm hoping to be there. I managed to get a volunteer pass for all 4 days. The only thing that is holding me back on getting to SDCC is a hotel. It's freaking expensive if your going solo.

Anyone have any ideas or comments on how to cut down on the cost for a hotel room? I'm up for anything.

Well, hopefully as dates get closer, some 405th members who are going might be able to share a room. There might also be room sharing threads in other locations where you can find a place to stay.

If you are in the military, transient barracks are typically ridiculously cheap, and Marine Corps Recruit Depot is located very close to downtown SD. I believe when I went down there for a friend's graduation it was a $15 a night for 3 people in motel-6 or better conditions (definitely cleaner...marine recruits make for great free labor). Convince a friend to enlist today, and you can use him as an excuse to stay there as a civilian in 3 months. ;)

There's couch surfing, which several friends have had luck with in the past.

And on that note, while I'm still waiting to find out my housing situation in SD, it is *possible* I will have housing down there I can open up. Not something I would rely on, but if I'm able to offer it, I'll post it here.

Over night stay.

I would recomend looking in to a hostile. I know the San diago USA hostile is only a few blocks from the convention center. It's about 70$ a night. They offer quite a lot so it may be something solo people should look in to. Hope this helps.

Dumb question, but when is the con again? and are you guys going to be doing the photoshoot same days as the con right?

They went on sale at 8 am PST. You have to sign up for Comic-con ID beforehand, then you would have gotten an e-mail notifying you of the date and time of the sale.

I will be there this year. Just trying to decide if it will be worth it to ship my armor across country since i'm coming from NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back