Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude this is looking really righteous. i like how your doing the helmet to open and stuff

Thanks blokes. This one's for you good supporters!

YBz5X.jpg

Nicely done man. Bet you can't wait to get some motors in there :)

Yeah, I've just got to nut out how. The hinges are quite stiff due to being pop rivets, (I wanted to keep them low-profile) so I'm just working them backwards and forwards multiple times to loosen them up.

1. The faceplate hinges need something for the liquid-nails to grip, so I drilled the back of them with multiple holes about 3/4 the way through the metal.
SgNpr.jpg

2. Gluing the hinges in place between helmet and faceplate.
PI333.jpg

I feel pretty comfortable saying that this build is going to own over all the other Iron Man builds I have seen else where on the internet. The detail is incredible. The paint is just... **mu-ah!**

I feel pretty comfortable saying that this build is going to own over all the other Iron Man builds I have seen else where on the internet. The detail is incredible. The paint is just... **mu-ah!**

Thanks mate!

I finally got the hinges all glued in with liquid nails. Works a treat!

gn5AB.gif

I'm really glad they worked out like you wanted them to. Looks great as well! :D

Thanks mate!

Sitting at home with a busted back...what else can I do but cut, fold and glue in a comfy chair? I think I'll be needing a real suit to assist my ageing body!

Here's the last couple of day's work from the chair while my back heals. This project is GREAT for incapacitation and boredom!

1. Some people use a pen to score the fold lines, others use a pizza-cutter style wheel (miniature). I use the edge of an engineers steel ruler. It is sharp and straight. Hold the piece up to a light source so you can see the ruler behind the fold-line and run your thumb up the fold. Presto! Precise, sharp fold.
y3LMp.jpg

2. Chest and back-brace - front. This goes under the chest and back armour to provide support and lock the pieces together.
zlhhe.jpg

3. Back view
gPLir.jpg

4. Collar plates: I ran out of 200gsm card-stock but I figured these are so simple and small, that they could support themselves as normal A4 printing paper until they are resined.
jGLCO.jpg

The eyes are freakishly cool when lit! Hinge works like a...well...a well oiled machine! Are you planning on making any of the other parts of the armor "work"? Backplates, shoulder weapons, ect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back