Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardboard showing me already where I will need to expand, modify or trim a few things before cutting out aluminium templates.

qIHdjdl.jpg

7YNQwPV.jpg

Back armour almost done. It's nearly 2 am though so it's time for some zzzzzzzzzzz.... I'll see if I can finish it tomorrow.

ajHsoc7.jpg

For those of you who have been asking how I am going to colour my aluminium Iron Man suit, I won't be painting it - I will be anodising it. Here is a sample.

B47hXyy.jpg

Back assembled. This was actually way easy to put together. I was dreading it thinking it was going to be complicated.

HfqKlN5.jpg

Back all painted up. I know it's only cardboard, but will still finish up as a nice statue while I build the aluminium one.

qCc2GOy.jpg

Rgootov.jpg

53vLnLW.jpg

I am continually enthralled with your work (both speed and quality). The anodizing will be astonishing on the metal because of the transparency and texture. Even though I am excited to see the parts being fabricated in aluminum, I am still entertained by your updates of each piece you are doing in cardboard. Heck, you are even going the extra mile by painting them... visually stunning :)

I am continually enthralled with your work (both speed and quality). The anodizing will be astonishing on the metal because of the transparency and texture. Even though I am excited to see the parts being fabricated in aluminum, I am still entertained by your updates of each piece you are doing in cardboard. Heck, you are even going the extra mile by painting them... visually stunning :)

Cheers mate. Here's another update from today's tinkering.

Neck seal assembled.

Y3MTFDo.jpg

Chest and back fitted together with brace and neck seal, collar plates, abs and cod.

WDkWgTb.jpg

1. All the bits for the helmet cut out ready for folding and gluing.

wSv5O9M.jpg

2. Helmet partially assembled. Too tired to finish it tonight.

uuYopM3.jpg

3. Helmet assembled and painted the next morning.

PSBnq28.jpg

4. Faceplate assembled.

SecjBAP.jpg

5. Faceplate and helmet. I've got some shaping to do to make it all symmetrical.

tAJRF1F.jpg

6. Helmet on torso.

OtTObCh.jpg

Last night I completed the hip pods and spine.

1. Spine installed.

2TCniBR.jpg

2. Hip pods assembled.

9Edvxpz.jpg

3. Hip Pods installed.

uSKbvtO.jpg

The pieces are starting to come together nicely. A few adjustments and it's ready for the transfer to aluminium!

ylm4SUj.jpg

wSJWnne.jpg

1. Show me a clean floor and I'll show you no work being done....

ftjYeNe.jpg

2. A couple of cartons of beer went into this shin.

mu43gUm.jpg

3. Left leg complete. Got to make another boot out of cardboard tonight to replace the foam trial boot.

LwF4hOf.jpg

1. Last boot. Practice makes perfect. I'm so glad I have approached this incrementally. The fibreglass/car-bog method was good to learn, but messy, expensive and time consuming in the extreme. Doing a boot in foam was also a good learning experience, but still not practical. Finally moving on to cardboard before the aluminium build, each part I make just gets better in quality as I gain experience. This is the third boot I have made and I reckon it's 100% on the first one.

l3JfKiw.jpg

2. Forearms assembled.

oCExr05.jpg

3. Articulated handplates assembled.

COtkYTB.jpg

4. Only the hands left to go now.

u4tfVRD.jpg

Really liking what I'm seeming! Even if you don't throw any bondo work into it! Everything looks very, very, well proportioned! Considered this thread dubbed to be subbed! Any chance that we could see a photo of the back side of the suit? Keep up the good work!

Really liking what I'm seeming! Even if you don't throw any bondo work into it! Everything looks very, very, well proportioned! Considered this thread dubbed to be subbed! Any chance that we could see a photo of the back side of the suit? Keep up the good work!

I'll take a photo of the back later today. I'm not going to bondo this one as it's just a trial in cardboard to transfer onto aluminium. Soon.

A bit of fun with the camera around the observatory.

1. I reckon I should be able to see Loki coming for miles with this...

78U8brs.jpg

2. It's a bit bright though...

wWONZj3.jpg

3. Jarvis, where's the remote?

7Ls2N78.jpg

4. Brothers in arms.

Ga4SEPC.jpg

5. The fibreglass one on the right is on a stand so it looks taller.

IRicfaG.jpg

6. That's right, you just stand over there in the corner and think about what you have done...

TDPGCGr.jpg

7 & 8. Do I look battle damaged?

8eXdpa5.jpg

aOomCJY.jpg

Well the hand was a tricky one. So fiddly! I had to modify it a bit and make some of my own parts as this pepakura file wasn't really designed for the medium I am using.

Got it done though in a marathon all-nighter. Nearly 5am and I've been going for ten hours. zzzz....

One to go.

EjR1vQj.jpg

K2Onxng.jpg

vymDQVB.jpg

1. Last items on the painting rack.

hznhMB6.jpg

2 & 3. Gauntlet and handplate attached top and palm views.

l59e9Mn.jpg

iOSJ4bY.jpg

4. Arc reactor fired up.

4phc7nt.jpg

5. YAAAYYYY!! It's finally finished! Next stop - Aluminium build!

2fkjVTU.jpg

Now I'm going to BED!!! For a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back