Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I can't wait until this is all done! It's amazing seeing your process the whole way through like this.

I got a tweet from a TV crew today followed by a phone call and they are coming out tomorrow to do a story on the Iron Man suit for television.

I quickly had to put humpty together again as I've had him apart to model parts for the steel build.

evFNrbd.jpg

Now the workshop is all cleaned up, I got both shins cut out. Now to flatten, fold and weld.

3o0heRe.jpg

All the large parts are done on big sheets, but the little stuff can be traced onto the scraps.

vx7ZKSA.jpg

All the parts so far.

7b3vM42.jpg

Hey man how goes it? :lol

Been in lurk mode for quite some time now but thought I should pop in and say hi. Great news on the TV spot you will have to see if its linkable in some way so we can all see it. Looking forward to seeing how the suit turns out, gunna be shiny! :)
I should have a new project starting after xmas, yes I know Ironman still isn't finished, but I MUST try out worbla!

Hey man how goes it? :lol

Been in lurk mode for quite some time now but thought I should pop in and say hi. Great news on the TV spot you will have to see if its linkable in some way so we can all see it. Looking forward to seeing how the suit turns out, gunna be shiny! :)
I should have a new project starting after xmas, yes I know Ironman still isn't finished, but I MUST try out worbla!

Cheers Mr Drack! Keep at it mate and don't spread yourself too thin!

SB

- - - Updated - - -

Another day of TV cameras here, job done! Story mainly on the Iron Man suit, but a little on the observatory as well.

It will go to air next Fri at 7:30 on ABC1, then News24 over the weekend. Online from 8pm Friday.

For those of my overseas supporters, I will be receiving a clean copy for me to upload to You tube. You'll have to be a little more patient until I receive it and upload it.

This tool is called a brake. It is one of the tools some lovely person on the internet donated and sent me in the mail. It makes folding neat and straight lines so easy!

W0oLF1H.jpg

Tonight's work. Unfortunately I have run out of steel to do any more and I won't have access to a welder for some time so works will pause until that is remedied.

EhXLsgQ.jpg

You sir are simply amazing. I am worried about welding a seam in my 1974 Camaro and a couple of quater panels on and here you are building the real deal IronMan suit. Not to mention that you built your own Observatory.

Love this thread and all your projects. Thank you very much for sharing all this with all of us.

FatherD

You sir are simply amazing. I am worried about welding a seam in my 1974 Camaro and a couple of quater panels on and here you are building the real deal IronMan suit. Not to mention that you built your own Observatory.

Love this thread and all your projects. Thank you very much for sharing all this with all of us.

FatherD

My pleasure mate! I only hope it inspires and entertains! :thumbsup

I LOVE DIE-GRINDERS!

Thanks to the guys who sent me the carbide bits and the grinder itself I got the centre of the chest armour shaped very quickly to fit the cover glass and housing for the arc reactor.

Four tabs to be welded on the ends to retain the glass housing.
MpoEBM2.jpg

yaBEkFc.jpg

H7NlOqK.jpg

Crikey I need that gas MIG! Parts are mounting up on the bench and I have no way of joining it all up without one!

Hopefully I'll be back to work next week and get a chance on the welder after hours. Contract ends soon so I may not have the job much longer and I don't know how much time I have access to it.

TlmvZJ2.jpg

Mvo3xA6.jpg

8qgCsd2.jpg

Tonight I got some of the thigh cut out properly and bent/folded into shape, ready for welding. I had to stop because the neighbors probably wouldn't appreciate me thumping away with the hammers past 9pm....

GUhmunq.jpg

Good fit for my long legs.

KNPfhBs.jpg

This just looks even better and better every time bagger. That die grinder helped a lot. looks so nice man....seriously one awesome build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back