Not open for further replies.

SavedbyGraceG12

Attachments

• unfoldedaviatorshoulder_zps3c6e0d27.png
    unfoldedaviatorshoulder_zps3c6e0d27.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 340
Halo 4 RECRUIT HELM Modeled by Crimmson/ Unfold by SBG

recruit%20unfold%20pic_zpsoocxdemm.png

This is for members that are new to pepakura. For this file, and for future unfolds. In the 2d view of pepakura, if you right click on your mouse, a menu will pop up. Select the (select and move) option. Then highlight a row of parts. There are 8 rows. Each row will be left to right going horizontally. Once all the parts are selected within a row, in the 3d view, that part of the helmet will be selected, are highlighted in red. If further explanation is needed, just let me now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/buae8x6t74dy8al/h4_recruit_unfold.pdo

Attachments

• recruit%20unfold%20pic_zpsoocxdemm.png
    recruit%20unfold%20pic_zpsoocxdemm.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 513
Nice to see someone else doing the tedious work of unfolding, not the funnest way to spend time but someone has to do it! Im surprised I havent seen your thread earlier I think your the only one to do the aviator shoulder.

Thanks kind sir! To me the easiest part is the unfolding. Unfortunately, when your done specifying open edges, and click unfold. Well, you know all the parts get scattered. Its organizing the parts, and editing the flaps that takes forever.

I dont mess with specifying open edges, I just disconnect and reconnect parts in whatever groups I like. After that its all about organization and spacing. I would rather have to print five sheets with scissor space than four with no leftover space at all.

I dont mess with specifying open edges, I just disconnect and reconnect parts in whatever groups I like. After that its all about organization and spacing. I would rather have to print five sheets with scissor space than four with no leftover space at all.

Hopefully mine aren't to bad as for as space goes. When I first started pepping, I would use scissors. Now I use a x- acto knife to cut out the parts. I fine with the knife it's precise, and much more quicker than using the scissors. With scissors it can sometimes be a pain to cut around sharp angles, and tiny crevices. Hope that makes any sense.

Hopefully mine aren't to bad as for as space goes. When I first started pepping, I would use scissors. Now I use a x- acto knife to cut out the parts. I fine with the knife it's precise, and much more quicker than using the scissors. With scissors it can sometimes be a pain to cut around sharp angles, and tiny crevices. Hope that makes any sense.

Grouping and large parts are going to leave lots of open space, unless you rotate parts so they are crammed together and I dont like that personally since I dont have to pay for my printing or paper (Lucky me who went to a printing trade school). I use scissors to cut the bulk of a part out, after that I cut away the tabs with an exacto. I dont rush it so it goes by fairly slow.

I plan on organizing the parts to fit on the pages for print. But, I'm not quite ready to start pepping this model anytime soon. Thought I would at least give you guys the unfold, for anyone who was wanting to pep this model. In the meantime feel free to organize the parts for yourself for printing. (FYI), if your new to pepping, I wouldn't consider this to be your first model to be using.

Soldier Helm Modeled by Crimmson Unfold by SBG
sol%20fold_zps3nzmbk4k.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cehd6hs4ag524z/UNFOLD_h4_soldier_helmet_2_download.pdo

Attachments

• sol%20fold_zps3nzmbk4k.png
    sol%20fold_zps3nzmbk4k.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 390
never mind grace and i never thought i would never say this but thx

It's sort of my job to know where files are. If it exists, I can probably find it - but the discovery of that file was an embarrassingly quick search on Google away from your own fingertips. You're welcome either way, and good luck with the build - but please, be sure to search yourself first.

I want to get into unfolding things but I just got the hang of using my Cameo and the cost of pep designer has me set back a little as I just bought viewer. I am pretty good at the tedious stuff

I want to get into unfolding things but I just got the hang of using my Cameo and the cost of pep designer has me set back a little as I just bought viewer. I am pretty good at the tedious stuff

So, I'm guessing you need some tips on unfolding. This is how I got started, I would suggest watching this video first. You can find it here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41225. Got me a little confused about the pepakura stuff. Both designer, and viewer are free. To be honest pepakura viewer is pretty much useless. If your paying for pepakura, your pretty much paying for a passcode to save any changes made to your files, and given the option to export your files. As for the tedious part, almost everything dealing with pepakura is tedious. Check the video out. If you got any more questions feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back