SBG's Halo 4 MC build.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
And mblackwell1002, could you please explain "Papeesheewoosh-day". Is it anything like Seinfeld's "Festivus" for the rest of us? I actually prefer Neil Simmons's "Happy Guatemala Day" from Biloxi Blues.

Well, April 29th is officially Papeesheewooshday. (pronounced papeesheewooshdee) and we shall figure out some festivities to do on this day next year...what shall papeesheewooshday celebrate? The pranking of breastfeeding pillows to SBG? And...umm...everyone has to...wear a ski mask as if it were a santa hat...? lol

(im using the periods as spacers, so you know when to pause; and the dashes mean say it fast)
and we sing:

"May S-B-G..get-weird-looks from his neighbors;
When-they-see. him. grab. his.....MMMMAAAAAiiiilllll.

They find these pillows..and ask him "why?".
Then he can barely replyyyyyyy....

(and SBG says)
This weird dude sent them
Because I'd resent them
and now I think I'll die. :cry:

Ooohhh, whyyyy...

When all of my neighbors. think-I-do to much labor
They'll all think I'm saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddd...but in faaaaaaaaaacct....
*switches to normal voice*
I'm really just mad. At Blackwell."

Happy Papeesheewooshday
-Blackwell

:D :D :D

Last edited:
Hi guys! Does any one still have the Campaign armors for Blue team? I had the zip file for them, not sure what happened to them? Thanks guys!

Never mind, scratch that. Issue resolved.

Last edited:
Haven't been getting much done lately with the build. Everything is pepped now, just need to start applying resin, to some more armor parts. But we've been getting a lot of rain here lately. Hopefully I can start that soon!

Although I've got a little something. I've finally said to heck with it, I'm just gonna roll with it. I went ahead and cut the inside of one of the biceps out with my x-acto blade. It's going to be replaced with EVA. Here's some pics.

IMG_20170610_112042.jpg IMG_20170610_112254.jpg IMG_20170610_112313.jpg IMG_20170610_112334.jpg IMG_20170610_112359.jpg
It's my hope that a plasti-dipped piece of foam will allow my arms to be more relaxed while it rests against the fiber glassed torso! Instead of fiber glass against fiber glass.

Last edited:
Nice! Progress! :D
Good job on the foam part, but I have a question, when you add the shoulder shield plate, aren't you afraid that with the increased weight of both hardened parts it'll tear that foam part apart?

Nice! Progress! :D
Good job on the foam part, but I have a question, when you add the shoulder shield plate, aren't you afraid that with the increased weight of both hardened parts it'll tear that foam part apart?

Hmmmmm, good observation Mara. Kinda had a idea of maybe of installing something on the inside next to where the shoulder attaches. Something all along the lines of a belt loop. That way I can pass a strap through it. I guessing something similar to a book sack strap. Then maybe the foam piece can be attached with Velcro.

I was just asking because I thought about it earlier myself to make pieces half of pepakura and half of foam (like inner thighs or shins, etc.) but then I observed how different he materials react and how bad foam actually interacts with pepakura, as in how weak it is and how easier it can get damaged or destroyed, so I scratched the idea.
But I'm looking forward what you'll be doing with those and hope the end result will be nice. :)

Visor came in on Friday. So, I finally went ahead and cut out the visor area of the cast during a couple of my lunch hours at work. It's not glued in yet. Was having some issues with the hex/film that is glued to the vacu-formed visor. Every time I tried to place the visor evenly within the visor area the film wouldn't stay flat up against the visor. May need to trim back some of the visor area a little more, just to give the visor a little more room to prevent the hex/film from buckling.
IMG_20170729_171951.jpg
IMG_20170729_172114.jpg
IMG_20170729_172151.jpg

Is there anything that I can use to fill in the gaps around the 2 circle things on the side of the helmet, other than bondo/body filler?

In the meantime I'll be masking off some of my dummy/(diguise helmet) for painting, and touching up the raw cast helm to get it ready for paint.

Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Looks beautiful! :D

You could mix some super glue with baby powder and fill the gaps. :)
Punished Props often use it.

Looks beautiful! :D

You could mix some super glue with baby powder and fill the gaps. :)
Punished Props often use it.

Thanks Mara!
I actually thought about using hot glue. Do you have a link to that example by punished props? Not sure how much to mix together with the baby powder and the super glue.

Looks good I was thinking of using that same idea. The mirrored film behind a vacuum formed visor. Glad you posted this.

Oh boy! That visor looks Papeesheewoosh!

I think those little lines are supposed to be there, though. Maybe you could clean them up a little instead? All the references I see are showing those lines being there.

BTW, before you mask your helmet, you might want to hand paint some darker silver colors in some areas, mostly in places were it would get some wear and tear, like corners. It would add some interesting color variation and help it look more realistic, I suppose. But that's all up to you. Don't let me tell you what to do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back