Scaling Codpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liq

OK, so I'm going with Crackheads hd codpiece, and I have no clue how to scale this thing. I have a 32 inch waist and I'm 5'7". I was going to go by Abrant3s scale from Youtube (30cm) since we are the same waist size, but hes over 6 feet tall so I don't know if height should also be factored in. I only want to have to make this thing once, so I have enough time to build an hd hat before Haloween.

yes, I did a search and no it turned up nothing really helpful.

i jus finished the lower def cod piece, and i'm a about a 36 inch waist, and i'm about 5'9", and it seems to fit me fine, after adding 1.5 cm to Abrabt3's measurement. height may be a small factor, bu i think it's more the waist size that matters. if you get that right, the rest should be okay. hope this helps man.

best thing to do on the cod piece is make it in 3 pieces front,back and puches then attack it to your waist belt

I was going to see if I could get by with doing a 2 piece cut on it by splitting it in front of the pouches on the sides of cod area. My main concern was it looking stupid big or something.

Hey, Liq...

I am new to this forum and pepakura, but I think I might have some insight for you as to how to scale the HD files and other files that are not done by JediFraz. His standard def. models are a perfect baseline! I am starting my Mark VI armor and I am using all HD files. Here's what I did after reading just about the entire "Official pep scaling" thread - bear with me :) I did my calculations last night for my pieces, but have not started cutting/gluing. However, I feel confident in my numbers.

First, I took note that Fraz's files are scaled based on a 1-foot scale. If you look at the scaling on his files, you should note that they are all scaled to 30.342 cm. This is roughly 12 inches (or 1 foot) converted to centimeters. His formula states to take your height in inches and divide it by 86 inches, MC's height (which the models are scaled for) and multiply the 30.342 scale by your result. This will convert the model for the helmet, torso and Codpiece to your size - the other pieces will need a bit more tweeking per the official scaling thread (around page 4 you will see dwoo gave some formulas (thanks dwoo!), which I used against the Fraz files to determine the height/width/depth to manually enter into my HD files).

So, this relates to the HD pieces as follows:

I, same as you, noticed that the scale on the HD pieces is WAAAAAAAY different, compared to Fraz's scale. However, the nice thing is that, regardless of the scale used, the height, width and depth of the models are all in millimeters, and regardless of scale, millimeters are millimeters are millimeters...so... Once you scale Fraz's pieces as stated above, record the height width and depth of the Cod piece and type them in your HD file. You will notice that, once you type in any of the height, width or depth numbers, the others automatically scale to the correct number (or within a few milimeters of what you recorded). Relative to the overall size that the finished product will turn out to be, I do not think that a few milimeters will make a difference.

Does this make sense? I hope this helps!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Good luck!

- Kubonic Plague

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back