Scalling STL Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbstjul

Hi,
I need some help with scaling the Master Chief armoury for 3D printing. Haven't found anything yet that gives the optimal size or would scaling down be enough?

I am 172cm (approx. 5'2).

The problem that worries me a bit is that the scaling changes the wall thickness of the parts.

Link: Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

The STL files still need to be prepared before printing. I have an Anycubic mega S with a small print bed of 210*210*205mm.

Will wear a morphsuit under the armor parts, that the heat does not accumulate too much.

To hide clearances a bit, another Halo Infinite - Generic Undersuit Armor Pieces will be added

Would be great if you could help me :)

Greetings from Bavaria Germ
Julian

Attachments

• 45CE5527-4358-435B-B7BD-1875DC873550.jpeg
    45CE5527-4358-435B-B7BD-1875DC873550.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • EDE9ACDD-2204-4E50-81AC-51785EABE829.jpeg
    EDE9ACDD-2204-4E50-81AC-51785EABE829.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 126
  • AB12713D-A925-4A49-BA39-91F22F556A6C.jpeg
    AB12713D-A925-4A49-BA39-91F22F556A6C.jpeg
    943 KB · Views: 157
Hi,
I need some help with scaling the Master Chief armoury for 3D printing. Haven't found anything yet that gives the optimal size or would scaling down be enough?

I am 172cm (approx. 5'2).

The problem that worries me a bit is that the scaling changes the wall thickness of the parts.

Link: Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

The STL files still need to be prepared before printing. I have an Anycubic mega S with a small print bed of 210*210*205mm.

Will wear a morphsuit under the armor parts, that the heat does not accumulate too much.

To hide clearances a bit, another Halo Infinite - Generic Undersuit Armor Pieces will be added

Would be great if you could help me :)

Greetings from Bavaria Germ
Julian
You're right that scaling up and down will adjust the part thickness but most designers keep this in mind to still allow two to three perimeters even when scaled down 10%. Checking in your slicer that everything looks correct is a good habit and if there's any thin spots you can always strengthen parts later with different materials or the Rock Lobbster special of using a 3D printing pen.

the best of the best for scaling is ArmorSmith. its a program that will allow you to enter the specific dimensions of your body parts and individually scale the pieces to fit a such. ALSO I've seen this idea recently, someone printed thin slices of the bottom and top of the pieces to get a gauge of how big or small the parts would be when fully completed.

for example a TINY thin slice of the top and bottom of the forearm would reveal if it would fit both your wrist AND upper forearm. simple and absolutely genius. jealous I didn't think of it but I haven't been able to find the post mentioning it.

I know what you mean when you talk about the part thickness, I printed a H4/5 MC helmet and an ODST helmet and the ODST takes a FRACTION of the time because its not as thick as the MC helmet. it also made it so that I had to print it larger and I felt a bit of a bobblehead.

jealous I didn't think of it but I haven't been able to find the post mentioning it.
Might not be who you were thinking of but Callianis did this with his helmet:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back