Schankerz' First Halo Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEST FIT!!!
Take a gander at my non-scronnyness! :D
IMG_2743.jpg IMG_2744.jpg IMG_2745.jpg
It's not done of course, going out to a nearby store that sells replacement visors in the next few days.
Few things I see now looking at the pictures, COD piece needs to come down a bit, which is no problem, easy fix, and I know skin is showing near me hand but that's just because I didn't tuck that side in properly. And I'll probably be getting something that covers my and chin and neck more, all you short ones will be able to see it looking up at me. ;)

We're nearly there! Just a few more days and it'll be finished!

we've seen. we've gandered...
you're still scrawny ;)
but you're Hiding it...Looks fantastic! or...papeesheewoosh. :p
the paintjob looks great, but I feel that the front of the thighs need more orange color...or, colour.:D I know it's not done yet, but I'm just suggesting.

But DUUUUUDE!!!! WHERE'S. THE. SCOWL?!? :mad:

skinny little...backstabber...mphhh.

PAPEESHEEWOOSH TO YOU ALL!
Thread De-railer Blackwell out! :ninja:
umm...*Kachlanga-dong*?

but seriously, Great job!!!

Last edited:
So good man! I don't know why Blackwell keeps making fun of you, at 6'7" I'm sure you could squish him with your giant Spartan feet! :lol:

I think you touched on all the points.. less skin and lower cod... You'll be golden. Or in your case a BA grey/black/orange combo. :) I do agree with Blackwell that you could use a little orange on the front of the thighs. Something simple. Maybe just a couple/few diagonal stripes?

I'm picturing something like this... and since you haven't sealed it yet now would be a good time to add.
Untitled.png

mblackwell1002 I approve of the scowl. Lol.

Obviously, it is up to the big man himself, but I think that design could work. It would need some real conscious choices though. As is, it looks like he spilt his orange soda in his lap. Hehe. I went with the diagonal lines because it emphasized his height. And if you notice the triple stripe is on his boots. His boots and legs are all us normal folk are going to see anyway. :p

Plus if you get too crazy with it, it might interfere with the design on the thighs already, which you can't see in the photo because it is behind the pistol.

Last edited:
o_O@mblackwell1002... I don't know what kachlanga-dong is, but you keep that sound effects thing going man, I believe one day one will seam right :p.

Schankerz that looks amazingly amazing. Really good job on the armour man. I know everybody pointed out their idea of where you should add some more Orange, but in the end it's your build man. Add that Orange where you want. My oppinion, go with the fire patterns like you have on the rest of the suit, just not centered around a certain location where it looks like you spilt Orange juice. Maybe the sides of the theighs and around the base of the shins? The boots are really the only thing that have the three angled stripes on them.

And that DMR still looks real...

Last edited:
So many good suggestions....I definetly agree with adding a bit more detail on the thigh pieces and I was thinking of adding a bit more on the back, I was thinking one section on the back of the COD. I'll see what I can do tonight, here's hoping I can find a visor this afternoon so I an finished everything up, I'm going into a place today that sells replacement visors with my ODST helmet and say "I need something that will fit this!!" :D

Good luck with the project. If you are smithing them out like I think you said. Then you may have a good sized project ahead of you.

HUZZAH Pictures! My friend and I went to my towns nearby waterfront in the downtown and got some really awesome photos:
IMG_2756.JPG IMG_2755.JPG IMG_2754.JPG IMG_2757.JPG IMG_2758.JPG

So this means my suit is pretty much finished! The pouches have yet to be dyed black and installed but I can do that when I have more time, I've got till September for Toronto Fan Expo so I've got lots of time to do it. That and I'm in the process of getting that Canadian Regiment logo on one of the shoulders.

It's been one heck of a project and I couldn't be happier with the results, big thanks to all the new friends I made here in cheering me on, giving me advice and making me laugh. I've got plenty of projects to come yet and a DMR tutorial to finish so you haven the seen the last of me yet!

I'll see you all starside.
-Tristan

The photos and your suit look great. I hope I bump into you at the Fan Expo. Maybe pick your brain for tips. lol.
I can't wait to see your tut for the DMR. Will definitely love to add that to my growing cache of weapons.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! great job. Suit looks amazing and you really nailed the painting. My favorite pic is that of the helmet on the floor as you walk away, as if you were in shock at what is happening on Reach.

Looks Amazing bro!!! Love the waterfront pics, that must have been super cold but I'm sure your thick Canadian blood keeps you blissfully warm. Hopefully I can make it to the con in September and see it in person!

Thanks guys! It was a fun shoot to do and the helmet on the ground is one of my personal favourites too Dirt, it helps when your photographer has actually played the game and knows what kind of shots would match up with the games themes.

The final part of this project for school was to give a power-point presentation about it, which I will say know I freakin aced it. I wore the suit and the people absolutely loved it, who would of thought just talking about making foam Halo cosplay would be so easy? Here's a few pictures from that night, and not to worry, you guys got your fair mentioning in the thank you portion of the presentation. :D
IMG_1036.JPG IMG_1039.jpg IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1038.jpg

Who knew you could have so much fun at school!

and, Alas, the true face of Schankerz has been revealed!
I'll bet I got a thank you for helping you realize that you need to bulk up!:D:D:D Haha!

lol, nice! looks like you had a lot of fun with that presentation, even though you're not supposed to. :p

once people see what we nerds make, instant respect for the nerdy! Lol!

Last edited:
Hey mblackwell1002, you forgot to Papeesheewoosh him!!!!

Thank you for the "thank you"s Schankerz, It looks like you were having a good time w/ the presentation......Attention Whore!!!! Got the whole school listening to your insanity........sheesh.....I can't even get my family to listen to me sometimes.......Great job dude!!!!!;)

Ooh, Dang!

But we do appreciate the thank-you's. it is cool that you did it. :)

Papeeshewoosh! :ninja:
Thread de-railer Blackwell out!

*Shoolang!* *Whashkloodle*
*Whoingadoingaloinghoingadoinga?*
if you can pronounce that last one, you win a prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back