Schankerz' First Halo Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helmet looks pretty good! I hear they are tricky in foam so it looks pretty good to me. I am having to modify some pep files to for foam and I can relate to the difficulty in this.

And absolutely, this fellow concept armor pal would looovveee to use that template :D
Keep up the great work my man! Love the progress.

Looking great brother! I agree with dives, a little heat treatment should be able to fix any lopsidedness and the seams don't look that significant. Overall looks amazing and that attachment is going to look awesome!

Just don't melt you're glue at the same time. Pass the heat gun quickly of the top and "Push" in to place. If you overheat it, the EVA will burn and you will have a bigger mess on your hands.

Ok, using the infinite wisdom of Dirtdives I managed to make the wobble on the top less present than it was before, with the visor installment I plan to have it gone completely, thanks again for the tip man, appreciate it!

As of today I was able to get that attachment on top of the helmet, I'm still going to have the strap that goes around the helmet like in the concept art but I'm going to put that in after I've painted it. It's a little hard to see but I also drew in the paint design on the helmet on one of the sides and the front.

IMG_2588.JPGIMG_2587.JPGIMG_2589.JPGIMG_2590.JPG

Now here I've got what it looks like with the chestpiece, it does seem a little big in the picture but I think I may be suffering from the same conundrum Dirtdives had with his last test fit on his post a while back....it makes my head look so darn big. Plus, I didn't do it in this picture but with the shoulders and arms it adds a bit more width making it not look as bobbleheadish as it seems. Only problem right now is that with the largeness of the chestpiece and the fact that the ODST helmet sticks out so far back I am completely unable to look upward or very far downward. Luckily I am a very tall person so hopefully I won't have to look up at anyone or anything at cons....hopefully.

(I also cleaned my mirror for these pictures, just for you Dirt)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, its the first time anyone said I have wisdom........ let alone infinite wisdom :wacko. Regardless, I'm glad it worked. As for the mirror.....thank you? .......Really doesn't effect me but wouldn't you like to have clean mirrors in your home? Just a thought. Helmet looks great!!! Keep it up. You'll be done in no time.

Small update: due to school really starting to kick back towards the beginning of the long weekend I won't be able to get much progress done this ext week or so. But before that time of sadness dawns upon us I did a little work on making the Halo Reach concept knife.

IMG_2594.JPGIMG_2595.JPGIMG_2596.JPG

I thought it turned out pretty good, the blade was kinda eh since there isn't a picture of the actual blade, it's always sheathed, so I had to make a guess based on the shape of the sheath. I also didn't want to go for realism on the blade section because I want to take this thing to cons and didn't want to cause any problems with security and such.

Do you happen to own a belt sander Schankerz? Your helmet looks good right now, but If you were to sand the top down to be rounder on a belt sander, it would look really nice

Do you happen to own a belt sander Schankerz? Your helmet looks good right now, but If you were to sand the top down to be rounder on a belt sander, it would look really nice

I don't personally but my Dad does, I'll see if I get around to borrowing it and give it a shot. Thanks for suggestion! You're totally right it does have a few bumps and ridged edges that would look better if they were smoothed out. Thanks for the suggestion!

There are a few files, but you did a great job with yours, I just might free hand mine as well.

If you search for Juliet76, I know that he did some knife blueprints a few years back, not sure if he ever did that specific knife though.

Ok, so aside from a few details here and there I'll be adding in the next few days I have just about finished the building phase for my armour. I haven't done any strapping or anything for the armour yet so walking around I looked like C-3PO trying to keep everything from slipping off. :lol:
IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0913.JPG
I have found a combat harness and several pouches at a nearby army surplus store but have yet to purchase them since I didn't have money on me at the time. But with the armour's completion I've gotten into making the weapons, first one being the M6G/SOCOM Magnum, I haven't found any evidence to suggest it wasn't in use during the time of Reach so I'm considering myself ok cannon wise.
IMG_0909.JPG IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0911.JPG
Next I've decided I wanted to do the M392 DMR instead of the M45 shotgun, I've already started work on it and hope to be done sometime this week, maybe even get to doing some sealing for the armour. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to learning how to use the new site. Great work on it btw staff, just gotta get used to the new look is all. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_0912.JPG
    IMG_0912.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 206
Its looking good man! I know you'll do an amazing job with painting it. Are you thinking of doing the abs or the spine? Or are you going to use like motorcycle armor?

Thanks guys! The abs and spine situation are still in the air at the moment depending on the extra undersuit parts I'm getting, I just may end up doing the spine but not the ab section since most of it will be covered by the pouches. And yes I will be painting the magnum and the DMR once it's finished, you're right that it's going to be essentially the same colour but I'd like to add some weathering and extra details. Speaking of that DMR I've made the basic shape of the gun using the spliced DMR file I picked up before the great pep file drought of early 2017. It's got a while to go yet but it's turning out pretty good so far. I'll see if I can get some pictures later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back