Schankerz' First Halo Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redirect Notice

Damn.

I have been gone way too long.

Really great job in the armour bro.

Looks like the presentation was a great success. I particularly like "repeat this process 22 times"

I am going to have to go back and read more slowly as I got so excited to see the end result I blew through your posts.

Okay, how do I embed the GIF?

Last edited:
Looks like the presentation was a great success. I particularly like "repeat this process 22 times"

I also got a kick out of that slide. I have no idea what it was in reference to, yet it works for pretty much every part of the process that we go through. I think I'm going to try to word that into my first "you know your a 405ther" post. :)

Slow Clap.gif

I also got a kick out of that slide. I have no idea what it was in reference to, yet it works for pretty much every part of the process that we go through. I think I'm going to try to word that into my first "you know your a 405ther" post. :)

I think that there is a new word in there:

Chronlupus: When you do the same thing over and over again.

mblackwell1002 has become so predictable due to his constant chronlupus replies........:whistle:

Looks great man and the presentation looked like it went super well. You can tell some of those kids were super excited in the picture.

Seeing you stand next to the kids makes you look like a real intimidating spartan. Which is part of the reason I want to make one too but I'm just too lazy to actually do it haha (wanna make one for me? ;) )

But yeah, great work on the suit and hopefully you keep working on future projects! (both halo and real life projects)

Thank you all for the kind words! The project was a resounding success (100% on the physical portion of the project) and the people loved my great performance. I'm not at all done with work on this suit, biggest things on my list now I see getting the Canadian Regiment logo painted on the shoulder plate and adding the centre pouches. I've got a convention happening nearby in May that's having a cosplay contest and I've gotta be prepared!

I've also got a Noble Six in the beginning stages of construction for vivalablake89's Noble Team he's getting together. He so kindly unfolded the helmet for me which I plan to start up soon so look out for that!

As stated before I've been trying to find a way to attatchment the pouches I bought for my suit, and whilst meddling around with it today I think I found a solution.

As you can see here the pouches have these little thing-a-mo-bobbers on the back, and a thought occurred to me...could I possibly hook these to something?
IMG_2830.JPG
And as luck would have it I found the perfect place to hook em! The combat vest I bought for the suit has pouches lined up along the ab section, once opened I was able to hook all three pouches in no problem! They're fairly simple to put on and stay very well, and can be easily removed.
IMG_2829.JPG IMG_2831.JPG

I did a little test fit with the torso, helmet and cod pieces to see how it looked and I'm very pleased with the result.
IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2833.jpg IMG_2834.jpg
Now all I gotta do is dye them black and that parts all done! Just need to put that logo on the shoulder somehow...

I guess you're not going to even consider working out? Because you look as toothpicky as ever. ;)
Looks great, when are you planning on dying the pouches? I think you should remove the center pouch; it obscures the smaller pouches too much, I think.

Oh, and I can see your face behind that helmet, and you are not scowling. C'mon, man!! :p

I'm sorry for teasing you...

But not really, I can't help myself!:lol: :cry:

Hello again ladies and gents! I bring more pictures taken with my good ol photography buddy and I dare say they turned out pretty awesome! This was more of a casual photo shoot just because we were bored and I hadn't worn the suit in a while. Take a gander if you wish...

05-03-2017 - Google Drive

The pictures were too good to be uploaded to the site, so here's a link instead!

We have another shoot planned for later, I don't want to give to much away....but there may be paint bombs involved...
Stay tuned for that!

Very nice!

you're not scowling, but...I guess I can let it slide...SCOWL YOU UN-SPARTANLY FOOL!!! SCOOOOOWWWWLLLLL ORRRR DIIEEEE!!!

OK. GLaD I got that out of my system. :D:D:D
Well, next time scowl, use some chapstick, and scowl.

Also, did I mention that you should scowl?

Oh, and...oh yeah: scowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back