Sci-Fi Valleycon 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton188

RCO
Member DIN
S188
Ok folks, we're just 2 months away from Sci-Fi Valleycon 2021, one of Colonial's yearly bigger gathering conventions and site for our booth. If you're interested in helping out, please let us know below so we can make sure we have enough badges for everyone. We'll have 3 tables this year (405th info booth, props table, and photo station) so there's plenty to do and help with. Ashuraa also has the cosplay repair station nearby if needed or if help is needed there as well. Gearbox is doing their ConQuest again this year, and we'll be helping out with that. And if you have a prop or helmet to donate for a ConQuest prize, please let us know so we can let them know.

On a Covid note: If you do not feel safe coming to the con, we understand. Current standings as of this post is that Pennsylvania does not require wearing a mask in large areas if you are fully vaccinated. However, the con owner or convention building owners may have a ruling set for the convention that all con goers, vaccinated or not, will be required to wear a mask when in the building. Please follow all the rules given for Covid 19 prevention on the day of the convention. I will post any updates if things change as we move closer to the con date.

Oh, and if you need incentive for coming, THIS will be there ;). Stay safe everyone.
190295639_2248307631972237_5224842837649450629_n (1).jpg

Hell Yea! Cant wait to see you guys. I'm hoping to upgrade my ODST in time for the con, but only time will tell

Ok folks, we're just 2 months away from Sci-Fi Valleycon 2021, one of Colonial's yearly bigger gathering conventions and site for our booth. If you're interested in helping out, please let us know below so we can make sure we have enough badges for everyone. We'll have 3 tables this year (405th info booth, props table, and photo station) so there's plenty to do and help with. Ashuraa also has the cosplay repair station nearby if needed or if help is needed there as well. Gearbox is doing their ConQuest again this year, and we'll be helping out with that. And if you have a prop or helmet to donate for a ConQuest prize, please let us know so we can let them know.

On a Covid note: If you do not feel safe coming to the con, we understand. Current standings as of this post is that Pennsylvania does not require wearing a mask in large areas if you are fully vaccinated. However, the con owner or convention building owners may have a ruling set for the convention that all con goers, vaccinated or not, will be required to wear a mask when in the building. Please follow all the rules given for Covid 19 prevention on the day of the convention. I will post any updates if things change as we move closer to the con date.

Oh, and if you need incentive for coming, THIS will be there ;). Stay safe everyone.
View attachment 308780
I’ll be there

Updated 9/15/2021

Offical Roster For Sci-Fi 2021:
Benton188
Serenko3 (?)
Serenko22(?)
Rock Lobbster
Rosebud
Wade the Hammer
dragon den
Kusak (snow tiger booth)
Ashurra (snow tiger booth)
Felix mercenary
MarkTitan15

Last edited:
At the moment it looks like there isn't a definite mask mandate at SFVC 2021 so I'm changing to maybe.
Since Momentocon was a mask mandated convention I was hoping this would be one too but it doesn't seem like the ruling is being changed at the moment.

At the moment it looks like there isn't a definite mask mandate at SFVC 2021 so I'm changing to maybe.
Since Momentocon was a mask mandated convention I was hoping this would be one too but it doesn't seem like the ruling is being changed at the moment.
I'm personally gonna wear my mask. However, as the 405th, how should we move forward? Wear or not wear mask? Or leave it up to your own personal feelings of safety?

I'm personally gonna wear my mask. However, as the 405th, how should we move forward? Wear or not wear mask? Or leave it up to your own personal feelings of safety?
Currently, PA still has no mask mandate, nor does the convention building nor the convention host. Unless the state steps in within the next 3 weeks, it will mostly likely be a Your Choice to wear one situation. Local areas highly encourage both vaccinated and unvaccinated to wear a mask when in public buildings.
As far as other members, we can't force everyone to wear theirs, but we definitely recommend it. Personally, I've been wearing mine when I go into bigger department stores like Walmart and Home Depot, so I will be wearing mine for Sci-fi as well. It is a very odd and troubling time right now in terms of gatherings and rising cases.

Currently, PA still has no mask mandate, nor does the convention building nor the convention host. Unless the state steps in within the next 3 weeks, it will mostly likely be a Your Choice to wear one situation. Local areas highly encourage both vaccinated and unvaccinated to wear a mask when in public buildings.
As far as other members, we can't force everyone to wear theirs, but we definitely recommend it. Personally, I've been wearing mine when I go into bigger department stores like Walmart and Home Depot, so I will be wearing mine for Sci-fi as well. It is a very odd and troubling time right now in terms of gatherings and rising cases.
Indeed, why I wanted clarification. Thank you!

that's a fair question. I think Benton gave the best response to that one. Personally, just because of knowing the area the con is in & having higher risk family members I'll likely be skipping Sci Fi this year.

that's a fair question. I think Benton gave the best response to that one. Personally, just because of knowing the area the con is in & having higher risk family members I'll likely be skipping Sci Fi this year.
Understandable. Stay safe out there Lobb. Maybe I'll catch you at Tekko, as long as it still happens too?

View attachment 308780
Taking a picture with the ghost and meeting everyone was one of the highlights of my first Comic Con experience. It's awesome to know that there's others that share my passion for the Halo Universe. It's one of the reasons that I asked to join the group. Thanks for having me and hopefully by next Comic Con I have something built to add to your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back