Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benton188

RCO
Member DIN
S188
Hey ya'll, we're just under 2 months away from Sci-fi Valleycon 2022 (June 17-19). Wanted to make a thread here so we can get a head count for those who will be attending. Ashuraa and Kusak will be there again to help out and be running the cosplay repair along with their Snowtiger booth. I have plans to build 1 or 2 newer weapon racks based on AsgardianHammer's design from HOD. Not sure if I'll be bringing the Ghost this year however as it did take up quite a bit of space last year, but if people heckle me enough I probably can.
As always, Gearbox Union will be running their ConQuest so be sure to stock up on trivia questions and if you have any props or armor to donate for the raffle.
We have the option of doing a panel too, but the window for doing that is closing fast, so if ya'll want to do that let us know soon.

Anyway, here's Ethan being Ethan:
246661894_10161693199874517_8877776549030527878_n.jpg

ALL THE WEAPONS! I should be going back into full print mode again soon.

Hey ya'll, we're just under 2 months away from Sci-fi Valleycon 2022 (June 17-19). Wanted to make a thread here so we can get a head count for those who will be attending. Ashuraa and Kusak will be there again to help out and be running the cosplay repair along with their Snowtiger booth. I have plans to build 1 or 2 newer weapon racks based on AsgardianHammer's design from HOD. Not sure if I'll be bringing the Ghost this year however as it did take up quite a bit of space last year, but if people heckle me enough I probably can.
As always, Gearbox Union will be running their ConQuest so be sure to stock up on trivia questions and if you have any props or armor to donate for the raffle.
We have the option of doing a panel too, but the window for doing that is closing fast, so if ya'll want to do that let us know soon.

Anyway, here's Ethan being Ethan:
View attachment 316966
I will be there on the 18th. My armor is not finished so unfortunately from what I've read, I can't officially report for duty just yet. I do have a jumpsuit with helmet costume that I've used for years but not sure if I want to wear that to Comic Con. I will stop in and introduce myself though.

I will be there on the 18th. My armor is not finished so unfortunately from what I've read, I can't officially report for duty just yet. I do have a jumpsuit with helmet costume that I've used for years but not sure if I want to wear that to Comic Con. I will stop in and introduce myself though.
You do not need a full suit to report. we always need handlers. and booth bunnies.

Honestly, we can't wait to have you there, and hanging with us.

Thanks for saying that. I will most definitely stop and hang out a bit. I forget who told me I needed a suit to report for duty. It's 75% done but I don't want to rush it. I will most definitely report for duty by next year and hopefully the suit is well received. I see what everyone else made last year and was blown away with the amount of skill in the suits. I'm used to working with tires so this has been an adventure to say the least. See you at some point on Saturday. I plan on being there early so to get all four of the original turtles to sign a throwback skateboard with all the turtles on it and also have Billy West sign Stimpy. Excited for everything on Saturday. Definitely something I need to unwind. See you then Spartans.

Awesome Con. Great seeing you all again and thank you for the confidence boost I needed. Was really worried about what my suit might end up like when I'm done but after talking with a few of you and realizing what I should have from the beginning, it really will be my suit and there is no right or wrong way to make one. I really needed to hear that and appreciate it. As soon as the suit is done, you'll be the first to know. Then I can pick my Official Spartan number if I understood right.. can't wait and thank you again for the confidence talk. Helps more than you know.

Awesome Con. Great seeing you all again and thank you for the confidence boost I needed. Was really worried about what my suit might end up like when I'm done but after talking with a few of you and realizing what I should have from the beginning, it really will be my suit and there is no right or wrong way to make one. I really needed to hear that and appreciate it. As soon as the suit is done, you'll be the first to know. Then I can pick my Official Spartan number if I understood right.. can't wait and thank you again for the confidence talk. Helps more than you know.
great to be able to meet you (in person) this weekend! can't wait to see your suit completed and be able to attend a con with ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back