SciFi Valley Con June 10-12 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely will take pictures. Anyone who wants to come and is able to, just pm either Kusak or me and we will get you our address.

I will be of course bring my video camera equipment. Looking forward to attending this out of state convention as my first one.

3eb87e07-2f6f-44fa-b6f1-0ad81f0e90fc.jpgc4787eda-dfee-416f-b5bf-d4d9bb1fd0f4.jpgeaa10a26-2983-4080-9249-1b59ca306bf7.jpg
This is the helmet being donated by the 405th to the Gearbox Union Charity Raffle at the convention. It was built by Ashuraa and Kusak and then handed off to me for sanding and painting. There is also an accompanying chest, the Halo 4 raider chest. Lights will most likely go into it also before the convention. Does anyone have any suggestions for changes or additions?

View attachment 27736View attachment 27737View attachment 27738
This is the helmet being donated by the 405th to the Gearbox Union Charity Raffle at the convention. It was built by Ashuraa and Kusak and then handed off to me for sanding and painting. There is also an accompanying chest, the Halo 4 raider chest. Lights will most likely go into it also before the convention. Does anyone have any suggestions for changes or additions?

Does the company have any particular color scheme or are you going to paint it Chief Green?

Looking good. Good job on the paint. I am making the assumption you have the visor secured as well now Steve? If so I am saying job well done it is finished.

Fan in the helmet?

Ideally yes. But being it is something we are donating and now on very short time. My personal answer would be no . I haven't even gotten fans installed in my own armor yet.
Between the time ashuraa and I have into the helmet and the pistol we are donating. And now the time that steve and nick have in as well helping with the helmet. And the child chest piece they added and the work steve is doing on the pistol as well now. <chuckles> I think its more than enough. The last 9 days for me is now purely finishing my armor and Ashuraa back up and a bit more paint on the armor stands and banner support. <grins> everything else can kiss my ODST backside.

For the dinner, where do we all want to go? We have several options in the area.

Don Pablo's (Mexican sit down)
Longhorn Steak house
Outback Steak house
Texas Roadhouse (Another steak place)
Primanti Brothers (High class burgers)
Red Robin (Anotehr High class burger joint)
Red Lobster
Olive Garden
Aki (High priced Japanese steak and seafood place)
Applebee's
TGIFridays

I think that is all the sit down restraunts in the area other then the two buffet locations.

We will not mention the plithora of pizza, sub, and fast food places.

Red Robin, Primanti's, or Longhorn are my choices. Red Robin is the only one we don't have in our area so it's my first choice.

Also, with the Convention, we are doing what is called the ConQuests. I need 3 different quests that are easy to do for the ConQuest. What questions/ quests do you think we should do?

To give some background the ConQuest is a raffle/ game were artists and vendors from the Con donate an item or such to GearBox Union. The attendees of the con then pay a small fee to get a quest card. The attendees then go to each artist/vendor that donated something and do a quest. They then get tickets to put in for the raffle of each item. They choose which items they want to put their tickets in for. All the money raised is then given to Child's Play.

So i got approved for friday off so that means i will be attending the con that weekend. See you all there.

13298019_294216257584048_1723560184_n.jpg
So I made some progress on the weapons crate. This weapons crate will be sitting at the 405th booth for Sci-fi Valley con. It will serve as a good place to set your props down at while still keeping the whole Halo aura around them. I am unsure if I should add any other details onto it, I was considering adding "405th" somewhere on it as well as putting in the pistol racks for the left side.

Also as far as the rest of the items for the con;
-The Helmet and chest pieces for the donation to the Charity raffle are almost finished, they are about 95% done being painted. I don't think I will be installing lights on it, it turned into more work than I had anticipated. You all can expect pictures of the two pieces together by tomorrow at some point.
-The Pistol has half of a mold on it currently, the other half needs re-poured (seeing as I messed it up and left a thin wall that ripped when demolding the first time. We set the price at $40 I believe for anyone who wants to snag a resin copy of the M6 from halo 3 at the convention. It was 3d printed by Kusak and Ashuraa. Let me know if you are interested, that way I can be sure to have them cast before the convention.
-My costume *coughfloodcough* will be pushing the limit on time for the convention, seeing as its about halfway done and I have about 3 days left to finish it. The base is built, I just have to be sure the foam I am using will cure in time and the whole costume is painted before Friday (because nobody appreciates a walking paint odor). So if I am not in costume on Saturday of the con, that is why lol.

Also we got the map for the convention table placement, and my table is caddy-corner to the 405th booth and we will be doing costume repairs the whole weekend. My booth is "Evanescent Props" and I hope to see all your smiling faces (or rather, your shiny helmets) this weekend!

I think we are going to have a busy corner this year. Between all of us and gearbox.

13388555_1595684367427995_2026073310_n.jpg
Woohoo! So I got it painted, let me know if you see any large errors or things wrong. This should be the final donation piece for the Gearbox Union Charity Raffle.

Well we have fallen off the band wagon. We have one more day of Sci Fi valley con left. The first 2 days have been a blast. I think we may all still survive this. <ponders if it will be an issue if he throws caboose off the parking garage roof just for kicks>

I have nearly 143 photos from the convention. It all went off with a blast and I am so looking forward to next year. Thank you Benton188 GingerOfDoom, Steveeemega, Caboose, ObiJ3ff, Ethan Baker and Nick, and Francis for joining us and making this a great turn out.

I am looking forward to all those who could not make it to choose their own backyard con and go out and represent. I will support you all in those endeavors as much as i possibly can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we have fallen off the band wagon. We have one more day of Sci Fi valley con left. The first 2 days have been a blast. I think we may all still survive this. <ponders if it will be an issue if he throws caboose off the parking garage roof just for kicks>

[caboose voice]
But...what did I do, Mr..umm..Mr. Person?
[Regular voice]
Aww, well. That'd suck. But, good times were had by all. :)

Time to start planning for next year. I am still confried. <whimpers> I dont want to go back to work today I need to sleep more still.

Eagerly awaiting photos. Glad you all had a great time and just know I wish I were there!!!! Holiday for me and was stuck at home.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back