scoutinasian's Jun Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using tape to hold that together? Thats a really bad idea. The resin you probably be using later on will melt tape and all your hard work will be for nothing.

Are you using tape to hold that together? Thats a really bad idea. The resin you probably be using later on will melt tape and all your hard work will be for nothing.

hey glues it and uses tape just to keep it together just for extra holding together, and before he resins he takes the tape off

Yes, road kill, but he doesn't take the tape off. I personally know him and got him started on armor making. He uses tape and superglue. So don't assume you guys. And resin doesn't melt the tape. I have 2 years experience with armor making.

yeah im using the tape to strengthen it.

Thats what I did for my jun build. The helmet has so many undercuts in it that you need to use somekind of reenforcing before resin. I would say just a Thin layer of duct tape would work. If its too thick you might run into some problems sanding. Great job so far!

Jacob

hello, i saw you're jun build and i am a complete noob. a was wondering if you had any tips on the helmet.
thanks in advance,

Done!
DSC00928.jpg

DSC00929.jpg

going to resin and fiberglass today

DSC00929.jpg

going to resin and fiberglass today

Make sure to have another look at the brim. At number 723 you need to push it in a little and numbers 366 and 720 aren't lined up with the other piece. Also, near the corner at 725 there's a hole leading to slight asymetry (I think), try pushing those pieces in the right place as well.

I wonder... The brim must be the most difficult part of the helmet, right? Because the rest of the pepping is pretty good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back