Screens from an animation experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackout11c

Jr Member
Here are some screenshots from an animation experiment made in Blender. This experiment is a attempt to recreate the ending cutscene from Reach, i.e the POA leaving slipspace, but with continuity connecting it to the first cutscene of CEA (i.e longswords). So, 405th, what do you think?
0088_zps9c57446e.png

0625_zpsab57e394.png

1142_zps6e8f5e68.png

Attachments

• 0088_zps9c57446e.png
    0088_zps9c57446e.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 0625_zpsab57e394.png
    0625_zpsab57e394.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 1142_zps6e8f5e68.png
    1142_zps6e8f5e68.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 257
For anyone who is interested in 3D animation, here's a fun fact - it takes about a week, at least, to render 5000 frames. Fun!

Here is the first test video render. I am not happy with the way the slipspace portal appears, and am going to change that in the future. Otherwise, enjoy!
Oh, and don't let the colour put you off. it doesn't actually look like that. And no, it's not high-quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey black you know I could even see the long swords take off. might want to check into that.

hey black you know I could even see the long swords take off. might want to check into that.

I did it that way on purpose. In fact, the way I animated it allows for both a non-longsword one, a la the end of Reach, or longswords taking off, as in just before the cutscene in CE. I chose the second option. It just looks... nicer, in my opinion.

any chance you plan on doing a version of the savanna vs corvette battle with the sabers and maybe throw in some broad swords in?

any chance you plan on doing a version of the savanna vs corvette battle with the sabers and maybe throw in some broad swords in?
That would be an interesting one to render! But, if I do, it might look quite good. On a side note, I didn't think they used Broadswords during the Battle of Reach. I know that they were active on Tribute, albeit in limited numbers, but I'm not sure about Reach.

reach the second HUB of all the military power and you think they wouldn't have like a hundred or more, and don't get me started on the battle for reach... biggest space fight ever... of all time.

is that your ship or a big sniper rifle.

both.

Monty Python's Flying Circus said:
And now for something different...
Now, I know it's not the Autumn, but it is a render of several re-done Marathon Class Cruisers.
Marathon_zps88ae6201.png

Attachments

• Marathon_zps88ae6201.png
    Marathon_zps88ae6201.png
    433.5 KB · Views: 237
not bad I might need you for something.
It'd look better if I had bothered to actually have a model of Earth, and not just have a picture. Besides, the engine models are being replaced, and the textures are having a complete overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back