Scuplting Clay or Putty to ad depth to mask/helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbfatcats

Hey all,

I've gotten my Buzz Lightyear 3.0 mask/helmet totally fiberglassed and the body filler work finished. It could probably use one more layer in the top and the chin to round it off even more. But I'm not sure that I will at this point. I need to move on or I could be stuck on this forever!

My question is this: I need to build up a little more detail then what I have so far. Mainly around the eye brows and nose. Later I'll need to do the same for the eye lids and lips.

I've use all sorts of material through the years from JB Weld putty to Green Stuff. But I've never used any of it on a mask/helmet like this. SO I need your help!

I will not be molding this one so the "3D" parts I need to build up will need to firm and stay on. So I don't think I'll want to use any time of clay. Although someone out there maybe have use it?

I just need something I can stick on...sculpt and/or sand/drimmel into the shape I need.

ALSO on a side note: how long is it before a mask/helmet that has been fiberglass safe to wear. The smell is slowly going away. But I will have my head in this thing for an hour!

Again everyone thanks in advanced.
Jenny

Have you tried using paper mache' ? I've used it to form the lips on my kid's Halloween costumes this year. It's sandable and you can dremel it to shape.

DSC01195.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01195.jpg
    DSC01195.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back