SeamusRocks' Emile Halo Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want a cheap and easy temporary visor try using a 2 liter soda bottle, just cut the top and bottom off and cut it in half and you have a large piece of clear plastic, I used a 7up bottle (green Plastic) for my sons visor on his helmet, but its a star wars scout trooper helm not halo, and it turned out ok...

@soul products: they actually DO bulge out a little, but I over-did it. Sanding will cure it.

AWESOME PEPPING!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see my work go to use... For a visor, there are 2 ways I thought about doing it. Vac-forming, which can be hard and expensive, or molding, which might be cheaper actually. if you use an el-cheapo silicone caulk mold of the the visor, alumilite makes a non-toxic (or less toxic than smooth-on's) that you can pour. slush it around, be careful with mixing to avoit air bubbles, and then sand and polish the inside to eliminaate bulges and such.

@soul products: they actually DO bulge out a little, but I over-did it. Sanding will cure it.

AWESOME PEPPING!!!!!!! I'm so happy to see my work go to use... For a visor, there are 2 ways I thought about doing it. Vac-forming, which can be hard and expensive, or molding, which might be cheaper actually. if you use an el-cheapo silicone caulk mold of the the visor, alumilite makes a non-toxic (or less toxic than smooth-on's) that you can pour. slush it around, be careful with mixing to avoit air bubbles, and then sand and polish the inside to eliminaate bulges and such.

Thanks man!! And I might make the mold and then use alumilite stuff. Thanks for the help!! Update pictures!!! Traced the buldges on flat paper and taped them where the buldges were!! -
photo-1.jpg
photo3-1.jpg
photo2-1.jpg
photo1-1.jpg
photo4-1.jpg

yes thats much better

Boba- im looking at the new figure and they recede and then bevel a little so i guess we're both kind of right?

anyway, this is looking really good

yes thats much better

Boba- im looking at the new figure and they recede and then bevel a little so i guess we're both kind of right?

anyway, this is looking really good

Thanks! And yah they have a small drop but I was looking at a drawing of the helmet and those parts are flat.

Update you guys! I'm working on the right bicep and once I finish it I am going to start on the right bicep add-on right away! Pictures soon!

Update! Got the shoulder finished... Didn't do my best but who cares, nobody is going to see it under the huge shoulder add on! -
photo1-2.jpg
photo2-2.jpg
photo3-2.jpg
photo4-2.jpg
photo5.jpg
I glued on that 'sticking-out-part-thing' on after I took the picture.

Which alumilite product exactly? And do you know a link to a tutorial on how to make the molds? Thanks

can u put a link to the file you used for the emile helmet im trying to make one and yours is the best ive found

Yup! It's in the Official Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread. The picture is mismatched with the actual model picture so here is the link to the thread its located on - http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

The model is located on post #2, under "Halo: Reach File by Chevysrule"and the model is created by Chevysrule and is unfolded and edited by Boba Fett.

Yup! It's in the Official Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread. The picture is mismatched with the actual model picture so here is the link to the thread its located on - http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

The model is located on post #2, under "Halo: Reach File by Chevysrule"and the model is created by Chevysrule and is unfolded and edited by Boba Fett.

ok cool thank you very much i started a differnet one yesterday then i looked at your thread today and noticed yours looked more accurate and better then the one i was making

did you figure out how your going to do the visor yet?

Bondo the whole helmet even the visor. Paint the visor with a golden gloss/see-through color. Then find thin glass that will bend into the appropriate places to fill in the eyes, nose, and mouth. Paint that glass with the same golden color. And battle damage the skull on with the end bristles of a paint brush. So it looks scratched on. If I find a better method or have a better idea, I will keep you guys updated. I will be going through the full process with my helmet soon because I want to have my helmet strengthened or possibly even painted(not well, but will be fixed up after) for launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back