Seiryuu's Halo 4 Armor Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past day and a half I've been looking into building a 3d printer. Simply put I want ALL my detail coming out on the prints lmao(I'm a bit lazy). Even so designing a printer that can print large enough is going to be a pain but cool if I can manage it. And the torso's rough file is done but I'm going to post pics after I get another part done.

Just found Satchmos Dead Eye helm, seems he's done almost all the concept art helmets already lol. Either way I'm going to make my own but those are some awesome files.

Video of Semi Current Armor Set. (This can also be found on page 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
3D printers can only output solid objects so they can't really be used to make full armor pieces... You can print small details OK but for the rest you'd have to create a mold from the print's resul - if you can print objects that bit at all.

The other option would be to use a CNC machine instead of a printer, that can work with large objects quite well. But you'd have to mold the actual pieces with this method too.

3d printers if manually built have the capacity for large objects. But I understand what you mean however I've looked into it quite a bit. I am currently planning on rebuilding the suit inside of Autodesk Inventor(When its working again.) and building the model roughly 10 inches at a time. This way I can integrate things such as electronics far easier.

(With most printers you only need a 1mm wall of plastic for it be considered solid)

I'll be pepping them to do tests but hopefully I can get a custom 3d printer built so I can build a shell to work with. After that I can install anything I need and get some pretty sweet mechanics going. :)

Sorry for the double post but I may put this project on hold for the time being. My 3d modeling skills are SOO not up to the task. I spend alot of time fighting with my crappy geometry decisions. Happy Pepping Everyone :).

Yea, that's a lot of verticies... I probably would have done much broader sections and then once I had the physical model in my hands added the smaller, more precise, curves to it.

Looking incredible. Great accomplishment from building the file from the ground up.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

I'm scratch building this set of armor, and not going to lie was totally going to use a different set of shoulders because I cannot tell for the life of me if the shoulders have a "face" on them. But since you're modelling the suit I may use your images as reference pictures if that is OK with you. Other than that your work so far is incredible! I can't wait to see more of it come together! Keep up the great work good sir!

Using it as reference is fine and honestly it almost does look like it has a face. Anyway good luck with your build.

Keep in mind though they may change at any time lol.

Thanks, the upper body is "Mostly" Done now. All the Upper area will need is polishing and tweaking. But before that I need to build the lower body lol. This takes WAAAY to long >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back