Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
S299 said:
go ahead and make yours too, we can bounce ideas off each other.

:eek Oh! I thought you were modeling it! That's what I was planning on doing...but a scratch build would be cool too!

Last edited by a moderator:
ODSTdude33 said:
i just HATE that suit ODST is the way to go!

why do you hate it, odsts were the first to use the spi. It was actually designed for helljumper use

Go for it, dunno how your gonna do the visor (vac-form maybe) but all the power to ya

eskimobob said:
Go for it, dunno how your gonna do the visor (vac-form maybe) but all the power to ya

I'll have to find some one to do it for me, but im going to try and get it vaccum formed. If i cant do it that way ill have to try motorcyle helmet lenses

Wow, that's quite the project! Hope it works out for you :D

Sorry I don't have any pictures, however, the EVA armor is quite similar, so would you use a EVA chest plate?

everything but the helmet will be scratch built, i have a pep file for the lid so its the first piece im making

The helmet so far, I've only been working on it for a couple hours and this is whats done as of now.

PICT0175.jpg

The visor is looking good. I've started on the chest, but haven't done any pic worthy progress, and I just finished doing reference pics for myself of the forearm and shoulder. So far I've found that the pics from the Halo Encyclopedia and the ones from ghosts of onyx are actually quite different, so I'm sort of fusing them together. I'll be starting work on either the shoulders or the forearms tonight, and hopefully I'll have enough progress to post pics tomorrow.

(By the way, I just sort of assumed you wouldn't mind me posting my progress in your thread. If you'd rather I not, then just tell me and I'll start my own thread.)

Reference pics:

SPI.jpg

For some reason it cut off the bottom right corner, but you can guess what that looks like.

Here is my test run of the forearm, and after these results im going to try a different material. I'm thinking of sculpting it in floral foam and maybe some of the other pieces too

PICT0187.jpg

PICT0186.jpg

PICT0185.jpg

PICT0184.jpg

sorry about the mesh an the unfold a new one is in the works to fix all that....i got a good reference but there far from done an i dont want public to see them still a bit to ruff

Spartan 051 said:
sorry about the mesh an the unfold a new one is in the works to fix all that....i got a good reference but there far from done an i dont want public to see them still a bit to ruff

a new what. the helmet isnt giving me any problems so far its been going pretty smooth

yeah new helm i didnt like how the did the back mesh an wanted to make the unfold very easy but still trying to have it as smooth hopefully i will have time for the rest of the suit but that will be a ways away

will do i actually think i might have it close to done so i might pm yeah if you want to create the pdo and post it (mac user and i dont have time)

EDIT: yeah i got the file though i looks like i have a few corrections but its all finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back