Serious patience pays off

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

I've had times where I could have bought the nice big fancy ps3 systems for a few bucks off and make any average joe jealous, but I waited 1 year, yes 1 year without using the meijers credit card so I could get 10 percent off something big, so I waited until the bgigest dang ps3 sale happened.

Last night 12:01am which was really today tuesday.....anyways I sat in line from 10:30pm monday until 12:01 tuesday, about 1 and a half hours, to get 50 dollars off a 40gig ps3, they had 2 systems, and I was first in line, I waited and eyed everyone coming into the electronics deparment. Finally 12:01am came and I got my ps3, I got a secodn controller, and I got call of duty 4, but wait Frost, this all cost like 510 dollars plus tax, heck no it dont, frost used his 10% off meijers credit card discount, his family 10% off discount, and his 50$ off coupon and frost paid 393$ after tax for a SYSTEM, GAME, CONTROLLER, all for less than the cost of a system

Just thought I'd share what my year's patience went for.

I went right to sleep after I came home around 12:30am I was too excited to sleep, like a kid in a candy shop, or a kid waiting for santa at christmas night, but I slept at 2am or before that, now today I am working right now at school, cant just hook it up even though it's sitting by me, why must I have a crappy TV from 7 years back. Dont worry I have a fancy lcd tv which does HD, but wait it's only 15 inches big!

I may be using the ps3 like a computer, having a small screen and having the system next to me on a desk, my game area is too crowded for a ps3, so I may use my laptop or a real lcd tv.

yeah, patience is key. I got a 40 gig ps3 last week - but i didn't buy any games... just movies.

At first when you make a username it says sign into ps3 network, it will say "NO ETHRENET CONNECTION DETECTED" It scared the crap out of me thinking there was no wifi, but on sony's website it says there is wifi, so I found out by entering the network settings I could change the main connection from ethrenet to wifi.

I was thinking of using my 50 dollar coupon for a halo 3 360, but I thought.....NAHHHHH I'd rather buy a ps3 and save money in the long run by playing the same games online for free rather than paying microsoft more money.

Adam said:
yeah, patience is key. I got a 40 gig ps3 last week - but i didn't buy any games... just movies.

I'd like to see the idiots who buy a blue ray player for 500 dollars. The ps3 plays them just as good, but also works with games because it's high powered graphics and cpu, really it's just a blue ray player with a game system built in......2 in 1 for 400.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for a wii too, but they didnt have it, so I settled for the ps3, I like it alot, though it cant play ps2 games since i got the 40gig, i doesnt matter, I still like my old ps2 too, so I keep it off to a side shelf.

Glad ya scored a PS3!

Ah I do want a PS3, cept for my tastes, there are no games. I want DMC4, RE5 and MGS4, but those don't come out itl next year anyways, I care more about games than Hi Def dvds. And in PS3's defense, no red rings of Doom.

No Miejer in NYC, one thing I miss about living in Columbus, BUT we do have the Nintendo World store and I was able to get a Wii :) And the PS3 keeps dropping in Price and Costco has a good bundle :D

Skullcandy Girl said:
Glad ya scored a PS3!

Ah I do want a PS3, cept for my tastes, there are no games. I want DMC4, RE5 and MGS4, but those don't come out itl next year anyways, I care more about games than Hi Def dvds. And in PS3's defense, no red rings of Doom.

No Miejer in NYC, one thing I miss about living in Columbus, BUT we do have the Nintendo World store and I was able to get a Wii :) And the PS3 keeps dropping in Price and Costco has a good bundle :D

Columbus Ohio?

I have bought 2 Wiis already. You just have to be ahead of everyone else to get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fanboy in any way (Own a Xbox, PS2, N64, GC, Wii, 360) but that video was hilarious. I don't plan on getting a PS3 until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. If that game didn't have disney characters it would be the coolness. <like this dude is.

Sony? This... IS... HALO!!!! *kicks you into a well*

Seriously? A year of waiting and you blow your money on a PS3 when you could've reserved a Wii from just about any store, and paid $200 for a system that's five times better?

Oh - I take that back. After letting one of my friends borrow my 360 for the weekend, he's decided to sell his Wii and buy a 360. So I guess 360 pwns all?

This is America (to me of course but this is an international Group) but if he wants a PS3 Let have it, i mean yea this is a Halo (xbox /360) based fan group but if he wants some a PS3 just let him be.

Yeah, fine, he can have it.

But try this analogy. If you could have an Aston Martin Vanquish for $3,000, or a Ford Pinto for $5,000, which would you buy? You'd buy the Aston Martin - it's better and cheaper. The same for the PS3 vs 360 / Wii debate. Get a $400 PS3 or a $400 xBox. Same price, but xBox is much better.

I was able to convince the one student at my school who has a PS3 that the 360 is better. I took the 360, Halo 3, Gears of War, and Saint's Row over to his house. He wants to get rid of the PS3 and buy a 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back