Sheet metal...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jace,
I've built medieval replica armor in the past. You could probaly use 18 Ga. (20 ga.could probably work too)sheet stock . It has enough mass to not be fragile and should be light enough that it wont be a pain in arse to wear. Depending on how your planning on joining it will determine alot. If youre going to weld it try TIG(tungsten inert gas)welding with lots of heat barrier to keep the parts from warping. There was a product out a while ago called Everdur(I think its a brand name , I cant remember) that we use to use to braze (with a TIG torch) sheet metal. It worked geat and used a lot less heat than welding. If your going to Oxy-Acet weld then be prepared to ding out lots of warpage.
Ive started patterning the chest plate for some steel MC armor but thats on the back burner till I get my suit and my kids done.

BTW a GIANT thanks to Sean for the helmet I got from him, fits me real snug but fits my daughter near perfect.

Harbinger

Hey thanks a lot! Though I will not be welding because it really does not need welding. But I am thankful for that info in case I have to weld. Though if I am not capable I will just go up to my local metal shop who happens to be an amazing welder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...

Alright it is offcial I am not using sheet aluminum it is just way to expensive for my pay right now. I will make it out of something a little more cheaper.... *Stares at the cardboard that is just waiting to be used*

Yep. Though I just hope my step dad doesnt decide to burn it... Whats a good site to buy ABS plastic, and what is a good way to form it?

because some here made a cardboard helmet and there dad burned it in the fireplace (they needed fire wood)

Something like that.

Oh good morning... I must be sick... I was cold all night but I was sweating like crazy... I think I will call my mom who has a PHD in Natural Health..
I know off subject.

Thats crazy! But i guess if your in dier need and your cardboard halo costume is all you have.

Do what you gotta do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back