Shoe Mobility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajien2

Hey guys i am about to start my shoe cut out now. I was just wondering when you have a inch of fiber glass and 2' of bondo do you have any mobility o_O in the shoes. Or what is the most mobile one. Thank you for the help

Are you talking about the sole of the boot? If you are ....well, no. If your asking about the boot armor pieces that dress the underlieing shoe then, yeah proper glass and bondo will do the job :D

rajein2 said:
Hey guys i am about to start my shoe cut out now. I was just wondering when you have a inch of fiber glass and 2' of bondo do you have any mobility o_O in the shoes. Or what is the most mobile one. Thank you for the help

I would think that bondo would break to easy to use on a boot.

PS, please read This

Last edited by a moderator:
DoC ByTeS said:
I would think that bondo would break to easy to use on a boot.
PS, please read This
sorry I just pulled those pics off of photobucket I am sorry. I have changed it. thank you for the help.

rajein2 said:
sorry I just pulled those pics off of photobucket I am sorry. I have changed it. thank you for the help.

No worries, just didn't want you getting into trouble, hope all goes well.

DoC ByTeS said:
No worries, just didn't want you getting into trouble, hope all goes well.
well my question is can you run like the spartan in my avatar. Because when i was looking at the model it looks very solid and not mobile.

rajein2 said:
well my question is can you run like the spartan in my avatar. Because when i was looking at the model it looks very solid and not mobile.

I found running in Mjolnir Armor to be a tricky business. The entire suit is susceptible to jostling (unless you really strap it down XD) and it can feel a bit too clumsy to want to attempt anything athletic in.

That being said, there is still great merit in making functional shoes. After all, you don't want the covers slipping off or making clomping sounds.

You can follow Bevbor's example and make a hinged shoe or you can omit the foot plate altogether and opt for the 2 piece boot cover (ankle and toe guard).

You may not be able to run the New York marathon but you can at least get around comfortably that way.

Vexona said:
I found running in Mjolnir Armor to be a tricky business. The entire suit is susceptible to jostling (unless you really strap it down XD) and it can feel a bit too clumsy to want to attempt anything athletic in.

That being said, there is still great merit in making functional shoes. After all, you don't want the covers slipping off or making clomping sounds.

You can follow Bevbor's example and make a hinged shoe or you can omit the foot plate altogether and opt for the 2 piece boot cover (ankle and toe guard).

You may not be able to run the New York marathon but you can at least get around comfortably that way.
Sweet thank you :p

I scratch-built my boots from craft foam, coted them in plasti-dip, painted them, and i think they work very well, and they dont make any sounds when you walk/run around

Overlord_Ian said:
I scratch-built my boots from craft foam, coted them in plasti-dip, painted them, and i think they work very well, and they dont make any sounds when you walk/run around
do you have any pic i would love to see what you came up with thank you :D

rajein2 said:
do you have any pic i would love to see what you came up with thank you :D
No problem, Ill pm you a pic when they are done, my armor is still in progress, (i dont have them painted yet :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back