Should new mods be assigned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varsity

if this isnt right then lock it.

Due to recent events this has me questioning which mods are active, and which mods arnt. From what i know, the only mods ive seen are Adam, Spase, and Ruze. And if we should make new mods. Discuss.

I wasn't aware that there were inactive mods until these events as well. I think a Mod should be someone who IS active unless they cant be for some reason outside of the forums. I know the idea of mod elections was thrown around for a minute there....but then the thread was locked. I think that the topic should be discussed by the staff who I have the upmost faith in and I know that they will make the right decision .

-Jacob

This is going to get locked fast. The admin have been in discussion about it for some time. Ive talked to Spase about it myself. They cant agree on who they want is sort of what it boils down to. And they cant agree because they have not agreed on good criteria from which to choose good candidates. Chosing good mods is a very difficult thing. One bad mod or decision can seem to ruin the whole place.

This is going to get locked fast.
I agree. Heck, the whole Nintendude's apology thread was deleted as I was reading it o_O
Perhaps it shouldn't be new mods, but instead a drafting a set of regulations the mods follow, such as what should be done about a recaster, chronic Necro-posting, etc.
I admit I don't float around this place as much as I used to (horizons expanding, you know), but I still like this place. It would be a shame if this forum went downhill.
edit: did you know that on the page that is displayed when a thread cannot be found the link for the "administrator" is invalid? Thought it would be nice to know.

not the time or place for this discussion guys. Let the events be handled and then the discussion will be opened by the moderators. I'm sure that this will have sparked that debate without more gas being put on the fire. Everyone needs to step back and get a little more perspective so that things come into focus. Tonight and for the rest of these next two weeks I suggest this be dropped. This weekend is halo-fest and next week is dragon con, the two biggest events this year Nothing is going to happen regarding mods or changes until after those events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back