Shoulder and Bicep Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift

So, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I still havn't come to a definite conclusion as to what I should do.

Basically, as some of you are aware, I am currently working on a Halo 3 MK VI Scout, the only differences this carries to the normal MK VI is a different helmet, chest, and shoulders. So, I made the HD_Left_rerebrace by Robogenesis and the Scout SHoulder by VROGY.

Problem is, I'm not too sure as to how I will goabout attaching the two. Here's some pictures:

Bicep:
img_4516.jpg

Shoulder, Bicep and Forearm:
img_4518.jpg

What I'm thinking they should look like:
img_4512.jpg

I was thinking velcro might be the way to go, but I get the feeling it won't hold it too well, so any ideas you guys and gals might have would be much appreicated :)

Attachments

• img_4516.jpg
    img_4516.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 150
  • img_4518.jpg
    img_4518.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 159
  • img_4512.jpg
    img_4512.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 149
I was also planning on eventually using a scout shoulder to be interchangable in my build, and I was considering using velcro as well. There aren't any good reference pictures on how the scout shoulder should fit exactly, the closest i got was:
Scout_Armor_Infobox.jpg

At first it seemed like your scout attachment was big, but now that I look at it, it seems about accurate. For attachment to your armor, I would probably add some velcro at the indent near the bottom of the shoulder brace, and then some more up in the middle of the flat area.

Yea, interchangeable parts are best. If you want it to stay on better, screws would work well or even a strong epoxy.

Thanks guys, I'll give that velcro technique a go :D
And yes, I was planning on making the parts interchangeable as I wish to make some other permutations at a later date.

This model gives a better image of how the two pieces sit:
20080710.jpg

Attachments

• 20080710.jpg
    20080710.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 148
velcro is the way to go. u can also build a harness that will hold all the pieces to u. I built one out of black ribbon and it adds a cool undersuit too

I added a CQB shoulder attachment on my mjolnir. I just used a dremel to make 2 holes in the bicep piece and the CQB piece, then added 2 bolts and nuts. This way I could have the option to wear it or take it off. Mine isn't 100% accurate though, because the bicep piece in H3 is cut off up around the shoulder when the CQB is attached but it still worked out pretty good. Good luck!

Lol, i has that figure. what i did was fill the arms with foam, in non fitting spots, and the shoulder screwed on.

I think I'll give the screws a go, as I currently don't have any velcro. Thanks for the input guys!

Just so you know, I've never tried those on armor... Can't think of any reason they wouldn't work though, and they don't pull off paint if you ever do take them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back