Shy Photographer You've Heard About Already Anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

CplYapFlip

BMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S237
Not because I have any delusions about being famous but because I'm dating TurboCharizard and I have more "mentioned by" notifications than I do posts haha, but let's work on changing that!

Hello!

I have been cosplaying since for about 8 years now. I mostly do cute anime girls or cute anime girls wearing onesies. I've dabbled in armour but it was ill-fitting, uncomfortable worbla armour that I took off as quickly as possible. I watch a lot of tutorials, for many different things and I know exactly what tutorial to pass onto someone who is looking for assistance with a cosplay-- but when I take a step back and look at what I've accomplished myself it isn't much in the way of applying those various skills.

I was introduced to Halo when my boyfriend told me it was nice knowing me but Halo 3 had just come out and he'd see me later, haha.
But I was really introduced to it all a couple years later when we were in University, we would take over lecture halls in the dead of the night to play the campaign of 3 on the projectors with our friends.

I have played CE, 3, 3: ODST and Reach was the first game I really got to enjoy from trailer to beta to release.
I know I tried Halo Wars but I'm looking forward to tackling Halo Wars 1 & 2 this year.
Perhaps one day, Halo 2.
I've heard there were some games after that, may or may not own two copies of 4-- but zero knowledge has been retained beyond Cortana is angry.
I'm also trying to acquire all of the Halo Books and get more comfortable with the deep lore! I really enjoyed Fall of Reach and the far too numerous times I had to go "Halsey pls" on the feels train.

My Halo Cosplay Goals are mostly Covenant related. I'd really like to learn how to sculpt so I can one day do an extra creepy Sangheili face. Of course, Cpl YapFlip will also have to come to fruition, I hope to hold two sticky grenades and start a conga line. And who doesn't want to wear a bunch of worms and armour?

My first created* Halo costume will be a Reach Spartan, we're planning for the Spring/Early Summer and I will be mercifully guided along by TurboCharizard and hopefully all of you!

*Because my first Halo costume was a Cortana bodysuit we scored at the Halloween store when we went to PAX, oops.

Beyond Halo I play a metric butt-tonne of League of Legends (support/tank/burst mage) and I like gel pens, stickers and wish I could have a pet grizzly bear.

Oh, and since I mentioned it in the title-- I'm a photographer. Have been semi-professionally for 4-5 years now. But if you've seen pictures of TurboCharizard then you have most likely seen my work already.
You might ask yourself where the shy part comes in after reading this long blorble of information about myself, but I will just point out that I have had this account for well over a year. Yikes.

Looking forward to finally getting everyone's names and costumes straight though~~
Cheers!

Hello, Cpl! It's good to see you around! I have seen your work with the pictures of Turbo, and it looks great!

Just you give us a holler when you want/ need something or when you wanna show off your mad skillz and we'll be around.

Hey CplYapFlip, it is a pleasure to make you acquaintance. You are one hell of a photographer......considering your main subject......I'm surprised that all your pics that TurboCharizard posts don't have cracks through them......you must have to change lenses all the time. You are one strong individual.
She only gets the "rugged grade" lenses to deal with my ugly mug.

She only gets the "rugged grade" lenses to deal with my ugly mug.

Not the "Shatter proof, you could drop it off the Empire State Building and keep smiling" lens? Because I think you are underestimating their strength. And your GF's as well........she really must like you........It only took what, 2-3 years to admit she was going out w/ you here......just saying.

Ah yes it's a pleasure to have you join us here CplYapFlip among the goofs your bf calls friends :lol:

Don't let that Dirtdives fellow bother you too much...he's from the OTHER side of the wall...plus anyone dabbing in their profile pic can't be trusted to be physiologically sound.
Do I have to change my avatar again?

Ah yes it's a pleasure to have you join us here CplYapFlip among the goofs your bf calls friends :lol:

Don't let that Dirtdives fellow bother you too much...he's from the OTHER side of the wall...plus anyone dabbing in their profile pic can't be trusted to be physiologically sound.

All jabs were towards TurboCharizard....and what makes you think that i am anything other than physiologically and psychologically unsound?

Last edited:
No you shou..........
giphy-downsized.gif
never mind.......

Hahaha well hello~~

I know back in the day I wasn't actually a yellow spartan when I played online, but we would play a fantastic game mode called Super Saiyans (which I'm not sure how much it was homebrew or if it was in fact quite wide spread)-- but if you're not familiar, a key component was the forced yellow colour. So when I went back to my gamer profile it was still yellow and I'm a-okay with that.

b34n vanity.png

I actually rather like Air Assault but I don't think I could take the teasing. That's okay though because I'm rather fond of CQC too.
Ux0UrQX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back