Sierra -064 'Animagmus' Mk. VI WIP (Probably b Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animagmus

Jr Member
Hey Guys,

Figured it was time to post some pics of my first attempt at a build. My aim is to hopefully be done by November so I can wear it to the midnight launch of H4 at Eb in my town.

I've pepped the upper body (helmet, torso, wrists, forearms and biceps) and the cod (not resin coated yet). Reinforcement options are limited (hot glue method and some other tricks I've picked up) as I'm renting and haven't got a garage to work in (a mate was nice enough to lend me his backyard overnight to get the resin work done). I'm not particularly happy with my helmet, let's face it i went a bit over board with the auto filler, but I'm fairly happy with the wrist guards and the forearm.

2012-07-27075917.jpg

My biggest mistake with the helmet was not pepping the visor. the whole helmet has warped to one side, but im hoping it won't be too noticeable.

2012-07-27075907.jpg

Because i went overboard with the filler I had to mark out some of the areas with a blue marker and use a rasp to try and shape it.

As i said im quite happy with my fore arm, i'm just hoping to find a way to add even a little extra detail without having to start again.

2012-07-27075713.jpg

The torso fits well with the minor exception of my huge head fitting through the neck :p, I can do it but it makes me wish i didn't have ears lol.

2012-07-27080003.jpg

2012-07-27080023.jpg

I made the join where it is so that I can use clips to hold it together.

Comments, questions, constructive criticism and or advice would be greatly welcomed being my first build I assume like everyone I have times when I have no idea what I'm doing. =D

I'm also turning my CS-6 Nerf Recon into a sniper rifle. Thus far i've used some metal tubing and a well placed juice box for the muzzle and shaved some plastic away so that it fits over the Recons original muzzle. Also tweaked it so that the fire strength was more impressive too. Hoping to have pics up soon.

Update:

Had little time this weekend (which is when i can manage most of my work) but i still got a little done.

I made a basic prototype of cortana's data chip out of thin foam board, thanks to HaloGoddess' template (which is awesome!).
My version is pretty basic but hopefully ill be able to add more detail when i get the chance to redo it.
2012-07-31074940.jpg

I also started to add a little extra detail using adhesive foam to my helm and chest pieces, and started to bondo the chest.
2012-07-31075032.jpg

2012-07-31075143.jpg

Some silly mistakes:
- The way that i wanted to join the front and back of the chest piece with the backpack clips didn't work out because they wouldn't stay attached. I tried using bolts which didn't work either so I now have two small holes on one side of the armor which hopefully ill be able to cover over. Anyone got any ideas?
- The bondo i put on the chest didn't have enough hardener in it so its still tacky a day and a half later (hopefully itll harden in the next few hours or ill have to go over it again.)

Cheers

Looks like you're off to a good start with the pieces. Sorry to hear about your helmet warping issue. You can most likely try to add a little more bondo to one side to help even it out if that is the issue. From the pics I couldn't tell exactly what you were talking about it going to one side. Just keep sanding and rasping and I'm sure that you'll be able to fix it.
On the chest. . . I used buckles on my son's, but in hind sight, I won't do that on my own build. It seems that they will be a bit hard to get on and off where I put them by myself, plus alignment is an issue on one side. So buckles will be more of a fail safe on my personal build when I get to it. I don't know if you have looked at Cereal's thread (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/36171-CEREAL-S-Mk-VI-Comprehensive-WIP-**(With-Videos)**) on his Mark VI, but you should definitely take a look. He's got some awesome videos and pics in there that might help you with how to put the torso pieces back together, not to mention tips about other things too.
Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Cheers, yeah I had actually been using Cereal's videos as a guide funnily enough. I wish their were more videos like his (especially in the way of say adding specific detail). Thanks for the tips on the buckles i'd pretty well figured now that they'd cause issues. Not sure how i'll be connecting the pieces so i'm going to focus on the thighs and cod while i mull it over. :)

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of grabbing one of the stormtrooper undersuits from stormtrooperundersuit.com so that my halo armour and future stormtrooper outfit would be inter-changeable. There's a zip running down the front but i'd say i could alter it where the the armor doesn't cover it. Thoughts?

Small Update:

I'm about half way done with my helmet and upper body pieces (bondo'd but not painted yet). The lack of detail is starting to get to me but I've been duly informed by my better half that I'm not allowed to start again with the HD pieces, nor do I think i'd have time to start over. I was advised a little while ago that if I want more detail I could just build up the bondo and detail it, problem is I suck at using a rotary (have had to putty my helmet twice s far cuz I cut right through by accident).

So here's my plan:
I'm going to see where I can get to using bondo and shaping but i think personalizing my build with some of the HD reach accessory models might detract from the LD Mk. VI pieces.

I'm thinking:
Emile's Kukri
Carter's Helmet Attachment (If it works)
and maybe Jorge's backpack (or the jetpack) possibly a chest attachment of some kind provided that it doesn't look over loaded.

Cheers

Minor Update:
Been a very hectic week but i have pepped Carter's attachment (freehand I might add):
2012-08-10074254.jpg

and I've also done the kukri (photo's up shortly). I think the kukri is a bit big but Ill post a pic of where I want it to go to see what people think.

Till next time, cheers.

hey! :) and nice to see your thread ... finally :DDD

Well spartan what doesnt kill you makes you stronger ! And im sure you wont retreat, Keep it up and stay sharp ill follow this thread to see if i can help maybe...

gl so far

greets ed

Hey, seen your build up on this site a couple times, & my lack of work has left me wandering the forums more, this build is looking great & I would really enjoy seeing more of it!

Probably an annoying little 'bump' because i have no pics but what the heck. After a devastatingly long break I'm Back and Better than ever lol. After having a conversation with my better half I've decided not to wear my build to the midnight release because i'd have to rush to finish (long story). But on the upside I've vowed to make it as good as i can and without a set deadline i can work some of my more aspirational ideas into my armour. Either way i'll have pics up in a day or so of some of the parts i've decided to redo and a plan to get some constructive criticism. Til then cheers. =D

Glad to see you're back. Also, sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it to the launch in a suit. But without a set deadline and millions of ideas, I bet your suit will go far. Can't wait to see what you have for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back