Sigma CQB helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigma-LS said:
We're still accepting applications for new Texans. ;)

Can you point me to sign up sheet! ;) (me not a Texan BTW would that matter??)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to say that Sigma is my freakin' hero. Awesome job. Your work never ceases to amaze me. It doesn't surprise me, but it's amazing. And congrats to flying_squirrel for making me the most jealous man on the planet.

Sigma-LS said:
Well Dark, I'm glad I could get some other folks interested in making their CQB's. :D

Skullcandy- Yours is looking pretty sweet too. Because of you, I know how good Robo's HD models look in real life.

Thanks again for the PM NZ-TK.
New vid update of the completed helm. Scaled correctly for my head and visor and everything cleaned.

I don't have any plans to make the EVA at this point, but I do have another project in the works at the moment. I'm still kind of afraid of molding this ATM because I've never done a whole helm like this before. We'll see what things are like in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for all the critiques and comments everyone!
I wish i had one :( I still haven't finished my first creation, the helmet of Mark VI

start with the basics i guess(if you count the Mark VI as basic)
Awsome Job anyway

I've seen this now, in person... and have a casting.

Its the best obtainable CQB out there.... nice work Sigma.

Spartan 118 said:
:not worthy: THAT is amazing!

sir, you may just be my new hero :)

Haha, thanks guys.

flying_squirl said:
*GIRT*

u ship to the aftar life right? :unsure:

Yeah but it's gotta be Fedex instead of USPS :lol:

WetOkole said:
Can you point me to sign up sheet! ;) (me not a Texan BTW would that matter??)

The only requirement for membership is a U-haul with all your stuff in it ready to head down here. ;)

DoC ByTeS said:
PM SENT! Still a TEXAN just stuck in OK.

Now that I've seen your helm in person, I'm very impressed. I'll swap pulls anytime!

thisismadness2 said:
yea sigma i officially hate you lol :p

Friendly said:
I would just like to say that Sigma is my freakin' hero. Awesome job. Your work never ceases to amaze me. It doesn't surprise me, but it's amazing. And congrats to flying_squirrel for making me the most jealous man on the planet.

Thanks a lot guys.

Spase said:
I've seen this now, in person... and have a casting.

Its the best obtainable CQB out there.... nice work Sigma.

Glad you like it. It was awesome getting to hang out with ya'll on the weekend.

Sigma-LS said:
Yeah but it's gotta be Fedex instead of USPS :lol:
hahaha, that was good, i had a genuine laugh out loud moment. explaning this site to others is supprisingly hard.

oh, bdw. im makin those changes to the mrk v atm. havnt been able to get at the computor for the past... well forever, its annoying. :cautious: anyhu, im copying em onto a key so i can work on em anywhere so ill have it to you soon.

Sigma-LS said:
I took all of today and made and resined slyfo's CQB. I'm going to use self hardening Bondo Glaze and see if I can get the same results Spase (Edited for respect! Hoo Rah!) got with his glaze. My plan B is to just use body filler again like I did with my old Mk V so I guess we'll see how it goes.
pics of it drying (foot for scale ;))

HPIM1071.jpg

HPIM1073.jpg

HPIM1074.jpg

could u send me where u got tht CQB helmet pep file thts my faveorit hemet in tht game

Use the search feature and find Slyfo's thread. Download it there. Or check the sticky that reads "pepakura download database". There's no need to quote something from october.

-FireDrakeArchon

Sigma-LS said:
Don't know Doc, I mean someone was telling me about how a type of plastikote makes a great quality mother mold....It could be months or years more of research without some more info. ;) (*inside joke folks)
This is the only pic you guys are gonna get out of me with me wearing it until I get some molds or the Hayabusa done (then I'll wear it with armor) ;).
DualWield004.jpg
I have that same shirt!

nice: a couple of questions though, How did you get your fiberglass to be soo flush to the inside of your helm and second what do you use to sand your bond because when i sanded mine there were always tiny inperfections that killed me thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back