Sigma's Fallout T51-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost done. Vid up soon!

IMG_1290cd.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Feb 20 2009, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>AWESOMENESS!!!

Sigma, You rock!!!

JustMe</div>

Aw, yer makin' me blush. Just can't see it with the helmet on. :)/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

New vid is UP! Better closeups and the headlamp in action.

very nice sigma. You pulled this off :p
great work But lmao what is the song at the credits xD

Spartan117x said:
epic helmet is epic.

LastSpartan said:
This looks beautiful and heavy!

Thanks and yeah with all the metal parts it's a LOT heavier than a Mk VI helm but much better ventilated. You don't even need a fan. :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Spartan 051 said:
Sigma i hope you put a parts list on what you used for all those add ons

I'll try to do the best I can from memory. I still have a few of the packages if you want specific brand names.

Vent screening/slat vents for brow and side vents - $1 litter box scooper (new of course! :lol:/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) The slats have several different degrees of spacing depending on where you cut it up so can make all the horizontal vents out of only 1

Big Bolts- 1/4" flat head machine screws

Small Bolts - 1/8" Phillips head machine screws

Vertical Face bars - Steel double pegboard hooks (cut them at the weld points and just use the bracing)

Nose/roster vents - tub strainer replacements for a small bathtub and 2inch acrylic grommets

Chin vent - Boot polish tin, pepper shaker cap, and a small section of lawnmower air filter

Big hoses - 50's surplus Russian gas mask hoses

Big hose front assembly - rubber roller bearing covers and 2 roller bearing outer steel rings

Cheek hoses - 5/8" vinyl clear tubing wrapped in orange cloth ribbon

Cheek hose front assembly - 20oz bottlecap top with sides cut off (gives a good texture), brass pneumatic hose connector

Cheek hose rear assembly - modified boat terminal plug

Headlamp mount - roller bearing seal

Headlamp - zinc shower head, marine class-2 LED light, still looking for a good lens

Rangefinder ear mounts - Steel covers on Golden Dragon LED mounts, 2.5" (maybe 3") furniture sliders, 2" machine screw, dimmer switch

Rangefinder arm - 6" Steel latch

Rangefinder- 2" furniture sliders with rubber core, 2" concave auto mirror, male 38 fuse connectors, 1 additional spacer (I used a part left over from gutting the lamp)

Rangefinder wire - coiled red wire (originally used 20 Ohm speaker wire then replaced with a wire with more give from a universal kill switch key chain)

Visor - needs a new one but going to cut up a smoky-tinted moto visor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Feb 21 2009, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Elite?

JustMe</div>

Thanks for the vote of confidence. That would be nice, but I wouldn't be comfortable putting it there myself (I am a bit biased about my own work :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ). If the other mods think it's good enough, maybe one of them could move it.

Fixed up and finalized the nose vents according to 051's comments on screen accuracy. Will edit the pics into this post when I get home.

EDIT:::

rundown said:
very nice sigma. You pulled this off :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

great work But lmao what is the song at the credits xD

Slaughter Your World by Richard of LFG

The vid that goes with is is absolutely priceless and reminds me of any time I play an evil character in an RPG

EDIT::: 2

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats kewl...call me out dated but i havent played fallout yet (waiting on a new video card) but i think that helmet is sweet

edit: really f*cking kewl!!!!!!

Wow, lotta you guys think it's elite worthy. I better finish it first though. :D

23Magnum said:
Bias about your work? More like modest. Looks near spot on to me.

Thanks man. I think deciding to scratch build a lot of the greeblies really helped out in the final look.

Spartan 051 said:
Thanks for part IDs. Any plans on using Belakor t-51b chest pdo?

No prob. Does Belakor have the chest pdo up? Last time I checked he was still unfolding. I'm working on the shins and knees right now.

Spartan 051 said:
I dont know 23Magnum the color bugging me but the details are spot on. Great job on it though

I know what you mean man. I tried using the right color of silver and it looks god-awefull in real life. Maybe some kind of rub-n-buff or something would look better? Anyway I was comparing the helmets on the Winterized and the Prototype T-51b's in F3 the other day and I noticed the Winterized helmet was a lot darker and almost the exact shade as mine. Considering how the Winterized is near-indestructible, I was thinking I could pass it off as the "hardened" T-51b. Or was it a different part of the helm you were referring to?

Sigma-LS said:
No prob. Does Belakor have the chest pdo up? Last time I checked he was still unfolding. I'm working on the shins and knees right now.

I just looked at it and he still working on it but the shins and knees (i think) are done

EDIT:

Look at the sticky i put a list of what he's gotten done

Sigma-LS said:
I know what you mean man. I tried using the right color of silver and it looks god-awefull in real life. Maybe some kind of rub-n-buff or something would look better? Anyway I was comparing the helmets on the Winterized and the Prototype T-51b's in F3 the other day and I noticed the Winterized helmet was a lot darker and almost the exact shade as mine. Considering how the Winterized is near-indestructible, I was thinking I could pass it off as the "hardened" T-51b. Or was it a different part of the helm you were referring to?

im referring to the over all helm it self.

I think it needs to be a sold mate gray if your going with the Fallout 1 or 2

Boxart.jpg

For the Winterized it looks like theres two shades of a mate color on the helm.

On the left T-51b there is a noticeable color change from the base of the helm to the eyes/ mouth. It is also notable on the right but it looks like it fades into it.

Fallout-3-20081210103247375_(1).jpg

I made a quick comparison pick for the F3 textures. The color I tried to make is similar to some of my great grandfather's steel tools that are over 100 years old (seemed appropriate). If you take the snow camo off the Winterized, it seems to be pretty close. I'll show you the pics of the original color later that were much closer to the F1+2 version.

You color looks a little dark for both but its much closer to the winterized face. I think your prototype looks a little lighter but it looks alot closer to the normal T-51b. But the other error i noticed was the head lamp and the large hoses colors look off to me. The head lamp looks like i needs to match the man body of the helm and the hoses look like they need to be green if you going with the F3 T-51b. But great build over all cant wait to get back at mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back