Silhouette Cameo Error 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dystorted Props

Jr Member
Hello all,

I had recently bought all Silhouette Cameo. I set it up and installed all the necessary programs. Thank you Spartan_127 for your wonderful tutorial, but when I try to open the Cameo controller, a window pops up and tells me the computer cannot communicate with the cameo or otherwise known as error 57. I did exactly what the program recommended me to do but I had no solution. I know another member that has had this exact problem but unfortunately the thread never explained the solution to the problem.

Here is the Cameo itself (Works a wonder when cuts)
DSCN1187_zpsc8e2948d.jpg

I have all the Plugs in the correct components
DSCN1188_zps2c458130.jpg

Here is the message the Cameo Controller continues to give me
DSCN1192_zps490ecf45.jpg

If anyone has any information on this problem feel free to contact me here on the 405th.

Thanks,
Halo 3 Props

Attachments

• DSCN1187_zpsc8e2948d.jpg
    DSCN1187_zpsc8e2948d.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN1188_zps2c458130.jpg
    DSCN1188_zps2c458130.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN1192_zps490ecf45.jpg
    DSCN1192_zps490ecf45.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 169
I've never used one of these but I'm in IT so if I was there first thing I'd do is switch out your cable for one you know for sure works then google the error code it's giving you

You need to make sure that whatever USB you plug the cameo into on your computer is the same one you installed all your drivers and software too. If you try to use a different USB plug in, you'll get an error. Also make sure you have lined up the cutting head to the box of your pepakura print out from pepakura cameo.

I had the same problem with connecting it up to a pc. Re-installing an updated driver from Silhouette America resolved the issue. However, it worked right out of the box with our Mac systems. Silhouette America also recently updated their Silhouette Studio software to a newer version. I'm currently working on a video tutorial which shows how to use the Cameo for Pepakura without needing to mess around with printing or alignment marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back