Since No One Answers Emails......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellhead1987

I've emailed serveral people on this site, and my only question has been how to scale an Iron Man Pepakura Model to my scale.

I've Tried using the formula in the scaling thread, but for the scale of the costume itself, it doesn't work.

If anybody has ANY input, it would be most helpful

Shellhead

Scaling for every model is different. I usually just estimate and it turns out good... sometimes it takes a second try though.

Damorian said:
Scaling for every model is different. I usually just estimate and it turns out good... sometimes it takes a second try though.

Can i ask how you estimate it? I'm totally new at this and it's just extremely frustrating... any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a tape measure, measure from under your chin to the top of your head, scale up about 2 centimeters.

Also, it's best no to make threads with that title, you'll get negative attention.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Take a tape measure, measure from under your chin to the top of your head, scale up about 2 centimeters.

Also, it's best no to make threads with that title, you'll get negative attention.

That's a good point. I"m just a little angered by this situation is all. how would i measure the body? Would it be the same way? And when i use the scale down feature in Pepakura Designer there is the scale feature... will that automatically change when i input the centimeters???

Giving someone more than 24ish hours to reply over a weekend is a good idea, I can't speak for anyone else but I'm knee deep in my own stuff so PM's can take a while to get to, especially when you take in to account the amount of PM's some people receive ;)

Anyway, some specifics would probably help. What files are you using? someone might have already built them so they would have a better idea of how to scale those particular pieces. If it's the Mark III files I posted then I'm not going to be much help other than what I suggested here. There are some people that have built those files in that thread so they may be able to help with the scaling

This is also a situation where, if the scaling formulae aren't working, you could try some good old fashion sleuthing! You may notice that the "Scale up/ down by specified value" console shows both the current scale and it's completed assembly height.

Common sense works well here!

If you are printing the helmet and the scaling isn't working, look at the assembled height; you should know/be able to find out how tall your head is or for goodness sake you shouldn't be attempting such a project via pepakura! If you need to scale the body, and it says something like (par example) 12.432cm then it's probably wrong.

Scale will change if you input your own dimensions.
Find some reference pictures to find where each armour piece goes and how big it is so that you can proportionately measure your own body.

Good luck

Thank you folks very much for the input. Also i would like to apologize for my behavior. It was wrong of me to expect a lot of people in a short time. I just wanted to dive in and expected everyone to bend to my need.

I apologize and thank you

Belakor said:
Giving someone more than 24ish hours to reply over a weekend is a good idea, I can't speak for anyone else but I'm knee deep in my own stuff so PM's can take a while to get to, especially when you take in to account the amount of PM's some people receive ;)
Good point...... im only new to this forum but i am a mod for an australian skydiving forum and i can just say its hard work so dont be so pushy

Hey I have another quick question. So i cut and scored all of the pieces for my gauntlet and started to glue the pieces together, and noticed something.....my glue doesn't stick. Why is that? I mean it's SUPER glue and you would think it would stick right? What do i do???

You probably are just applying it too thickley. Just use a small amount. Super glue also dries by reacting with water it pulls out of the air. If the air is too dry or if your paper is slightly wet, that might cause some problems. Good luck with your pep projects.

- Sigma

maybe u could try some multipurpose elmers glue...

Also when ever you are gluing anything, you use it sparingly, you never use huge globs of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back