Sizes.... help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoCast

Hi everybody, I am making the master chief complete costume, helmet, armor, etc... but I want the pieces came with my size, so I want to know how I size my head, body, etc.. not in pepakura, I mean size my real body, how to size, in pepakura I know how to adjust the scale, but I don't know how to size my body for the pieces...

I'm Portuguese so If you can tell my with europe sizes... thanks!
And sorry bad English... It sucks no? :p

In the scaling window, you can see how tall/wide the finish piece will be. Just take the correct measurment from your body and scale the piece to fit. For instance, I measured the distance from my ankle to my knee (35cm) and used that to set the correct scale for the calf pieces. I don't think that there is a size chart or list to show what clothing size fits what range of pice size.

Just out of curiosity, why do you ask? Going into the business of armor making.

And your english is just fine.

Spartan Will-043, please don't post that lnk again. That scaling program's method was stolen from my scaling tutorial, and I would appreciate it if that site did not circulate around the 405th.

Thank-you.

That method of scaling has been in use for quite some time, it's how I was figuring out drawings and scaling way back when the Landfall vids first came out and I was working on blueprints with SKG.

It's not a method you created, just something you've helped explain here on site.

Besides, the Youtube tutorial vid for his program was posted Feb 18, 2009; your Scaling tutorial was posted Aug 9, 2009. The video, and his program, came first.

Actually, the original thread I had posted the scaling tutorial in was dated back in January 2009.

I've also put too much time into helping people scale, so I took down my tutorial and am no longer offering my help in any way, shape or form. If you want someone to blame, blame some of the members of the 405th.

In the scaling window, you can see how tall/wide the finish piece will be. Just take the correct measurment from your body and scale the piece to fit. For instance, I measured the distance from my ankle to my knee (35cm) and used that to set the correct scale for the calf pieces. I don't think that there is a size chart or list to show what clothing size fits what range of pice size.

Just out of curiosity, why do you ask? Going into the business of armor making.

And your english is just fine.

Hi,
there is a programm which calculate the ideal size for you. Its name: cosplay size calculator -> http://www.martindilling.com/csc/?page=home
Download: http://www.drakkashi.com/en/download.html
tuto:
(sorry, it's in english ... but it's easy to understand )

Good luck for your armor!

Thank you Spartan, I will try the best method for me. But security I will try the Hickeydog method and your method . :)

Thank you Hickeydog, no, is just for make a costume for me :) . So, for the helmet, armor, etc. I just measure the distance of my ankle to my knee and set the correct scale for me?
Or that is jsut for armor, etc? Maybe I should measure the distace of the top of my head to the bottom for the helmet no?

Thanks!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan Will-043, please don't post that lnk again. That scaling program's method was stolen from my scaling tutorial, and I would appreciate it if that site did not circulate around the 405th.

Thank-you.

I know this is an old thread, but I had to write a comment on this.
I programmed the Cosplay Size Calculator, and you are very directly accusing me of stealing...
...stealing what? very simple math (I'd say ~4th grade math)?
The only reason I made this, wasn't to do the extremely simple math. It was to get an easier workflow when creating costumes.
No need to use a calculator, no need to write everything down on a piece of paper, just set some points in a program and save all your measurement in the same program.
It's just making it easier.

And for the record... the first version that was released was in November 2008.
And, I've never even played Halo (or what this forum is all about), so I can't see why I should come here just to "steal" a 16 year old boys 4th grade math?

I've looked a the tutorials you have written, and I really think it's great that you do this much to help others. Really not a joke, I think it's great to see people helping others.
But accusing others who have put months in writing a program to help others, and expecting nothing in return, of stealing.... math... that is just sickening. We're on the "same side"... helping others to correctly scale a costume?

/Martin

---

Creator of the Cosplay Size Calculator:
http://www.martindilling.com/csc/
And if someone is interested, I've reuploaded the tutorial video in HD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QzsA1es5K8&hd=1

Darn, the first time I look around the 405th in months and this is what I see... A necro post that is in reply to a post I made in June of 2010...

Please excuse my age-old post. It simply reflects a point where I was extremely stressed by this forums growing population of newbs that, dispite many attempts to "lie low", continued to bombard me with PM after PM and E-mail after E-mail asking the same questions over and over again. All of which have been answered a million times here on the 405th, and on many other costuming forums.

I do appologize for my previous comment, however seeing that you made an account here on the 405th simply to call me out on a noteably old post (Or that is how it does appear at the moment) is simply... Unbelieveable, for a lack of a better word.

In addition to that, obviously it is a very common idea that simply struck both of us at different times. I wrote a tutorial, and you created a size calculator.

And for the record, I'm 18, thank you very much. We were all immature at one point or the other, however, PLEASE attempt to get a members age correct in the future.

Now, lets let this thread die once again...

Stay frosty,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back