Sizing Chest Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBed

Hello 405th,
I'm a little unsure of how I'm going to scale the chest piece from moesizzlac's Noble 3 models. I'm worried about it riding up on my shoulders, and I don't want it to look unnaturally big on me, or have this giant gap between my torso and the piece itself.
Are there any suggestions for what I should do with my scaling?

A neat program many of us use is Armorsmith. It allows you to create a virtual mannequin of yourself based on measurements you input. You can then import 3D models (or Pepakura files), place them on your avatar and scale them to size. After that you can unfold them (for foam/paper patterns) or export it straight to a 3D model which you can then send to the slicer.

The program is $35USD and can be found here. I consider it a worthy investment because it'll save you a lot of time and stress on scaling parts, and there's much less chance on wasting filament on incorrectly scaled parts.

And protip: Don't forget to leave some room for padding!

A neat program many of us use is Armorsmith. It allows you to create a virtual mannequin of yourself based on measurements you input. You can then import 3D models (or Pepakura files), place them on your avatar and scale them to size. After that you can unfold them (for foam/paper patterns) or export it straight to a 3D model which you can then send to the slicer.

The program is $35USD and can be found here. I consider it a worthy investment because it'll save you a lot of time and stress on scaling parts, and there's much less chance on wasting filament on incorrectly scaled parts.

And protip: Don't forget to leave some room for padding!
Crud, I probably should've mentioned that I do have armorsmith designer. Apologies for not stating that.
I have tried to scale it in different ways, but every way I did it just didn't look right. Once I get to my computer I'll send some screenshots.

1643484656745.png

Ok, after taking some time to actually look at it, I think that gap is fine. As you said, I do need to leave some room for padding. I might flatten it just a bit, but not too much.
And with the problem of it digging it my shoulders, I think I'll cut it out of the model before I print.
I'm not too sure if I actually should be going around it this way, so feedback is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back