Sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostileGrady

Me EVA foam arrives today so I'll be starting to make my mark V armor. My question is, what size paper should I use for the templates?

Me EVA foam arrives today so I'll be starting to make my mark V armor. My question is, what size paper should I use for the templates?

What size printer do you have?

I make patterns on letter or tabloid because it's fairly standard sizes that people can print on and if they can't print on tabloid size, it's easy to split into two letter sheets.

Okay so I'm dumb sorry but yes I have a letter printer and tried printing out just a few temates and wasn't sure if they were supposed to be that small

I use letter. Because America apparently has a thing against A4, which some patterns are defaulted to.

You make it sound like.. A) you're not American and B) its OUR (you included) fault that there is a difference in the printer/paper size. The problem is if you use the wrong printer setting, the template sizes will be wrong.

You make it sound like.. A) you're not American and B) its OUR (you included) fault that there is a difference in the printer/paper size. The problem is if you use the wrong printer setting, the template sizes will be wrong.

I don't know why you Americans can't accept the mathematical perfection of ISO 216.

In Armorsmith, I'm uncertain about Pepakura Designer, there is a selection drop down menu for paper sizing in the right hand menu pane (Property Grid) of the Pattern Layout tab. There's also the helpful option to change page border sizes and the page alignment registration marks.

Don't you dare disparage "Pizza Box"......and there are only 2 syllables in letter and 6 in ISO 216......so no, it's not easier to say......

This sounds like a great conversation to bring up at our next meeting with Dunder Mifflin.

Just in case it is not obvious, HostileGrady , their feud is all in jest.

In case you're still not sure of your answer, here it is:

The paper size of a PDO file depends on who saved it. You should always go to the "Printer and Paper Settings" before you print any file and change the paper size according to where you live
Letter = USA
A4 = everywhere else

If you do change the paper size from how it was saved, be sure to look at the 2d layout of the pieces on the screen and adjust the pieces because the margins will have changed.

Edit: If you think the pieces are printing out too small (and you are printing directly from Pepakura ...and not converting to PDF) then the error could be in scaling. You always have to measure the 3d file to be sure it is going to be the size you want. Right-click in the grey area and select "Measure Distance between two Points" then click a point on the 3d model, then click another point. It will then tell you the measurement of the distance between those two points in millimeters. Divide by 25.4 to get inches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back