Slider Phone Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I was wondering, How does slider Phone work? No, not the electronics, but the slide out keyboard? Is it spring loaded?

What (might you be asking) is this for? The Assassins Creed hidden blade. Now I know that some of you are groaning are are starting to go to the forum button...but please I'm very curious about this, and the standard Google search yielded nothing.

(shortest clip I could find...plus it has a lightsabre sound to it)

A simple paint diagram would help, I'm terrible at reading a blueprints specs, but you give me the cut away of the machine...I'll understand. I'm a visual person.

Thanks, Jeff Torres

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a guy a while back who had some great concept work for a hidden blade. Problem is, his name got switched in the transfer. I think he was on my friends list, but his topics must have been deleted in the transfer as well because I can't find them. Let me look for just one second and I'll see if I can find them. They were very good concepts, but unfortunantly his work kinda hit a dead end when newton's stupid laws came into play. Curse you Sir Issac! :p

Edit: Found him! His name is Jeff Torres. I discovered I forgot to respond to one of his posts, so I suppose if he sees this we could get a conversation going.

Dude...thats me...Lol

Here is my old Idea:

th_HiddenBladeIdeaV4.jpg

My Scissor Jack Idea...didn't work too well

th_PICT0006.jpg

th_PICT0007.jpg

video of my scissor jack in action

I'm now working on my newest blade idea in Machine shop, It'll be done in about a month (gotta squeeze actual work along with personal projects)

And now some Reference Pictures, that took me hours and hours and hours of searching to find. Now you can look at it with ease. :)

th_HighResolutionGunBladeRef.jpg

th_Zw-codex-28.png

Found him! His name is Jeff Torres. I discovered I forgot to respond to one of his posts, so I suppose if he sees this we could get a conversation going.

Oh. My. God. I don't think there is a word in the dictionary that could possibly describe how stupid I feel right now. I guess between the time I spent reading this topic, the time I spent searching for "your" threads, and the time it took me to post my last response, it still didn't click in my head. This is gonna make one funny memory, but right now I just feel retarded.

Ok, so back on topic, do you remember what I said in your old thread about two springs canceling each other out? Let me see if I can explain that better.

Let's say you have two springs of equal length and equal tension. They're the kind that are meant to extend, not to compress. Like these here: http://www.springinchina.com/images1/extension-spring-1b.jpg If you were to hook the two together, and pull on both ends, the springs would entend an equal length in both directions. If you were to pull on only one end, both springs would also extend the same total length in that direction. This demonstrates Hooke's law of elasticity, in that a spring's length of extension is directly proportional to the force exerted on it.

So, in short, this confirms two things: One spring of the same length and tension as another cannot extend the other spring past it's point of equilibrium.

If that didn't make any sense, forget about it. It's not that important. ;) So, what's the lowdown on your new idea?

Oh. My. God. I don't think there is a word in the dictionary that could possibly describe how stupid I feel right now. I guess between the time I spent reading this topic, the time I spent searching for "your" threads, and the time it took me to post my last response, it still didn't click in my head. This is gonna make one funny memory, but right now I just feel retarded.

Haha, I was laughing. I figured you just looked at the question and not the author...it was a simple mistake.

Well to be honest It isn't my Idea Originally, but I've drawn up all my own plans, and a spring release mechanism to make it auto retract.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Hidden blade bomb shock/sinza/Xiphoid%20Armblades/S6301749.jpg

Anybody who is familiar with Altiar or ezio as a costume should know this product. I would have bought it, but I like making my own things, its way overpriced and not made very well. plus the blade is way to small.

Here is how it works....so simple I cannot believe it.

The only thing I'm going to do with my design is to enlarge it by 2.5 inches, there fore increasing the overall blade extention 4 more inches.

I'm having my Machineshop teacher help me with this, so It'll look legit. I just don't want to screw up.

It does look very simple! :) If you were to add a better mechanism for ejecting and retracting the guard and blade, I think it would work very well. Good luck with this dude, and be sure to post some wip pictures if you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back