Smilie120's AR (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its hollow inside but because i layerd the cardboard like 5times on each side its really durable and feels heavy duty, i mean i could take a beating its not going to brak that easily

btw progress!
img0515ys0.jpg

So there are like 5 layers on each side but there is a hole towards the middle...

Or is it just fairly layered on the spots...

I'm gonna try to do it this way...

Do those slots under the front go all the way through to the other side?

if you look at the pics above i built a simple fram and worked over that with layers. And i made the top of the gun seperae to everything else, but i cut out the basic shape form the template made it 3d then cut layers to add detail.

hope this helps mac

smilie120 said:
if you look at the pics above i built a simple fram and worked over that with layers. And i made the top of the gun seperae to everything else, but i cut out the basic shape form the template made it 3d then cut layers to add detail.

hope this helps mac
Ok... I see... That top and bottom is hollow... Is that what you are talking about?
(Just want to get it straight first...)

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
umm no....The inside is hollow basicaly but its got a huge outerlayer so its really strong.

Ok... I think I know why I'm thinking it wouldn't be...

How thick is your cardboard? :p

That is really good for cardboard. Really. Im not so great with the cardboarding.

drgon47 said:
That is really good for cardboard. Really. Im not so great with the cardboarding.
I'm gonna start making one out of cardboard in a week or so... Might resin over it once... Resin should fill in some cracks or gaps... Might put some spot putty on first and resin over it to keep it in... I like to experiment... So even though people may think it won't work I'm gonna do it... :p...

I'll see how I can do it... :p...

Yea I have the same probllem ! I am currently trying to build a Pep AR and I am finding all the small faces Impossible to do!

I just want a good scale outline template that I can cut a ply wood base out of and add bondo too.

I have found lots of pics but nothing I can use as a scale drawing. looks like I am on my own,

Wombat.

smilie120 said:
Ok, untill I get the manequin head and clay to start my helm, I need somthing to satisfy me from dying of bordness, I tired a pepakur a AR recently, but it eats paper even when you trim the parts and space them. Also the halo 3 AR has over 5000 faces :S. so I decided to build my own.

smilie120 said:
I think its like 87cm.... but from barell to butt mine is about 80...
I think I'm gonna use 75... :\

Wait you said yours is 70?

Ok... If you use this file in paint and scale the size to 600% you get about 70 cm long...

ma5cpictureuw9.png

smilie120 said:
I hand drew my template, it took me like 3hours to get it the way I wanted LOL. And mac my AR is 80cm. 80CM!!!
wow great ar u should make a tutorial although the pictures basically explain themselves so ya...... but still its a great ar

smilie120 said:
I hand drew my template, it took me like 3hours to get it the way I wanted LOL. And mac my AR is 80cm. 80CM!!!

Already printed it... :p

Damn you... Lol...

But then again your tube on the end is a bit longer...

I'll work it out mine should be good... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back