Snake Catching

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuildsByBaz

Sr Member
It's weird you know, ever since I lost my job at parks and conservation, I have caught more snakes than I ever had to while I was there.

I've caught three at work in the last few months, all Eastern browns. Looks like they are all seeking shelter from the heat.

This little fellow was sitting next to the foot of one of our knife-making students on Thursday, the second time it had been spotted in as many days. Even the grinding, heavy boots and power hammers didn't scare it out of the workshop. Mind you, it was 45 degrees in there most of the day. It would take a lot to get me to go back out in the sun.

All three snakes were released a distance away from the buildings in river habitat where they will be OK.

Disclaimer: Please do not attempt this unless you are trained. (I am).

Eastern Brown snakes, are among the deadliest of the venomous snakes in the world. All it takes is one bite to kill a grown adult.

Eastern brown snake - Wikipedia

yljf7Lh.jpg

Last edited:
It's weird you know, ever since I lost my job at parks and conservation, I have caught more snakes than I ever had to while I was there.

I've caught three at work in the last few months, all Eastern browns. Looks like they are all seeking shelter from the heat.

This little fellow was sitting next to the foot of one of our knife-making students on Thursday, the second time it had been spotted in as many days. Even the grinding, heavy boots and power hammers didn't scare it out of the workshop. Mind you, it was 45 degrees in there most of the day. It would take a lot to get me to go back out in the sun.

All three snakes were released a distance away from the buildings in river habitat where they will be OK.

Disclaimer: Please do not attempt this unless you are trained. (I am).

Eastern Brown snakes, are among the deadliest of the venomous snakes in the world. All it takes is one bite to kill a grown adult.

Eastern brown snake - Wikipedia

View attachment 264723

I saw the word eastern brown and I laughed because I thought you were insane. I'm happy that they were relocated though, because being in a knife shop... I think someone would get ideas. I also laughed because your saying 45 degrees is hot. The cotton mouths a d python's up here are all a little further south of me and love the sun, but all I ever see are the harmless black racers... :) awesome video

I saw the word eastern brown and I laughed because I thought you were insane. I'm happy that they were relocated though, because being in a knife shop... I think someone would get ideas. I also laughed because your saying 45 degrees is hot. The cotton mouths a d python's up here are all a little further south of me and love the sun, but all I ever see are the harmless black racers... :) awesome video

113°F for those trapped inside the domain of Cheeto Benito.

Sandbagger, has the demolitions to fit in the Viper helped with airflow through your place during the heatwave?

I'm such an idiot. I forgot about the small details... I was thinking 45 farenheit and NOT Australia. Plus the snakes are cold blooded and would not be able to live in an environment like this. Now it makes sooo much more sense... fangs... nooddle me, I deserve it

I've had some intrusive snakes at my work as well, nearly gave one of our guys a heart attack once. Nothing crazy mean like you have however, this is Canada after all, the only things that'll kill you here are more fuzzy.

Weber State University has a huge congregation of these gaggles of geese (probably evicted or banished from Canada), and once in a while a student disappears. We used tti think it's a sacrifice to the Canada goose gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back