So where do we go on from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is a major speculation about the wingnut/peter jackson project, from certain sources the project is considered to be called the Halo-Chronicles and major speculation is running that a the project is either a movie or a new type of game that is a interactive movie, you can check halopedia for that information but it is scattered across the internet, then halo wars will be coming out new year in april i believe, so from what i see the real warthog they have down in Australia is going to be put to good use, and there is cards, laser tag, action clix, action figures, master replicas, map packs, and bungie-swag, and other merchandise out there i dont think the universe of Halo will die out too soon. As well as there being rumors about a remake of Marathon, which some say are related to Halo. So i say stay to it guys, band together and let have fun, maybe even form the first ever Halo/Bungie Con :whistle: lol, but lets not worry about that because when you worry you make it double so dont worry...be happy....dont worry be happy now

elmnt4lfe said:
all in favor of gears of war armor say aye

aye

Aye lol but it would be hard to make, There arent any pep files of GoW armor and even if there was.. it would be very hard to make "lots of curves"

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, would like to first finish making all the halo stuff I have planned, I am still working on some pep. parts on my master chief armor and if I actually make it, (and make it good) I will consider making a metroid-based suit.

I would love to make a samus aran suit, but it's a female character, and I just don't feel right wearing a suit made for a female character, that said, everyone please take a look at the marines and more recently, PED marines and Demolition from the metroid prime series (metroid prime 3 has the best example) their armor looks really good, if we could get a few marines like in prime 3 together at a convention, that would already be pretty cool.

And the shoulder pads aren't as hard as people think, I mean it's just doughnut shaped circles with a bit of detail, if anything, it could be made from card-board, resined, fiber-glassed, then the detailes could be bondo-ed in.

The marines are pretty hard to find pics of, though...so probably, someone would need to get screenshots.

I have plans for making a Halo3 suit.. Now that I've learned so many new things, and the insane amount of reference available, it should be almost a perfect suit..
I say almost because no matter how nice, I'll still be a short 5'10" Chief :D

well i still be making whatever that is im making and keep on going.....if people wants halo i'll make halo if people wants other things i'll make that

Microsoft will never stop Halo because Halo is Microsofts biggest draw, that's how Bill Gates i getting rich, look, it even has its own tabletop game now, Halo will be just like Star Wars, it will live on for at least 30 years, well be telling our grandkids how we remebered the first Halo when they have Halo 50, trust me, it will live, just because MC and cortana may be done, there are more areas you can go... What if they made games based on the SPARTAN-III program? It wont end, I promise, and if it does, ill give you direct coordinates to where i live and let you all kill me!

Having just finished a cardboard suit for Halloween, I will go on to improving my technique and trying to get that sweet full set of sturdy armor that many people seem to have.

I am looking forward to making a Gears of War "Lancer" rifle someday because it would be pretty amazing (put in a motor and get a spinning "chainsaw" on it)

Quite frankly, though, I was so impressed with cardboard as a material for working that I will probably whip up some fun things with it whenever I have time.

halo doesn't die, it respawns.

but in all seriousness, i bet halo will be like SW in a way that people 50 years from now will be making Mark VI and wearing them to conventions :p

oh, and did i mention Bill Gates is a greedy bastard? yea.... MS aint letting go of Halo.

You know.. there will be a new trilogy within the halo timeline.. there was a Marathon trilogy, now halo, so there could be a 3rd, then 3th etc etc.

THE HALO SERIES WILL NOT END!!!! because warning spoiler alert!!! [all the halo rings get destroyed and master chief freezes himself and tells cortana "wake me .... wake me when you need me" and so the new series will probably be a bought that area hes by and there was a planet where the ship was floating so mabie theres a new threat there]

Vexona said:
Wake me...wake me when...you need me.

That coaxed a giggle out of me. :rolleyes :lol:

I don't know about Halo 50...but I think MS will continue to milk Halo until the Cow has been skinned, cut, steaked, and had so much moisture sucked out of it that it's a cotton ball.

"Ever eaten cotton balls, Epstein?...You can chew 'til 1979, they don't swallow."

:cautious: Anyone?

I'd like to get this exact setup made and wearable, plus a pistol.
http://vrogy.net/pics/MJOLNIR_MkVI_assault.jpg
As well as put lots of reference materials out there for folks to build with. I'd like to put some good scale drawings of my models up for those without CAD software, maaaybe help some folks local to me get their armor together. Another thing I think should be done is the introduction of cast metal parts- I want a solid aluminum pistol, and I'm sure others will, too.

After that, and maybe sooner, I'm on to bigger and better things. Halo's brand of slim, form-fitting armor doesn't really suit my mentality or personal style, I'd rather go all out and rock the terran marine exosuit. Starcraft II should be huuuuge, and I definitely want to tackle that mammoth-sized project full force in a month or two, I've already started on models to go straight to CNC with on it.

Didnt read through this entire thread so dont yell at me if its been mentioned but has anyone talked about Halo 4 yet... because its going to happen. Bungie left microsoft and is now independent but you can bet money microsoft is going to push another studio for Halo 4 if Bungie doesnt make it.

And on top of that.. did anybody beat Halo 3 on legendary...? I dont want to ruin anything but I assure you Halo isnt dying anytime soon.

the wake me when you need me part really got me gunnin for a 4th halo But if you ask me... If you watch teh legendary ending all the way threw where you see the ship just floating and the sun is comming around if you look at that planet.... to me it looked like kinda like a "deathstar" type ring... so i think the cheif may still have some fight in him:) not only that the Aribters story isent done they are on there way home thats not to say the the brutes didnt beat them there during there civil war and are raiseing all sorts of bruteish hell :) but yeah take a close look at that planet the sun's light come around and tell me that dosent look like a forerunner built planet....... or maby its just me... idk

Assassin716 said:
from what i see the real warthog they have down in Australia is going to be put to good use,
its in NZ, do your research. Weta workshops is NZ based, with the weta being an insect native to NZ, not australia. But If halo dies(Please, God, don't let it happen for a looooong time) I'll just end up going back to my pathetic lack of a life.

FuncootForever said:
Yeah I know it doesn't end here. I am just wondering what others may do WHEN it ends.

What? like Star wars ended?

No, It's not going for at least 5 generations, man. It's just too popular.

after i finish my chief armor id like to start trying to make my own armor like from scratch that sounds like fun.
and im gonna make some armor from other games to =P and then maybe just wear em around on random days and see what happens.

long live the halo universe =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back