Software To Read Certain Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurtwm

Hey all,

Ive been teaching myself how to use Pep designer lately and I wanted to have a go at making my own files based on objects from Fallout 3. I have found several .c4d files and .dxf's. I have found that Autocad and similar programs open these file types but Autocad is so expensive! Is there a cheap software for basic 3d rendering and manipulation available? Thanks

There is a pretty good 3d rendering program called metasequoia. It's not the greatest but it works. They don't have a lot of tutorials though so learning how to make things like cats, boxes or a chicken might be a little hard, but with some practice you should be able to keep your mistakes at bay. Blender is also a free ware program that's not too bad.

Jtd18801 said:
There is a pretty good 3d rendering program called metasequoia. It's not the greatest but it works. They don't have a lot of tutorials though so learning how to make things like cats, boxes or a chicken might be a little hard, but with some practice you should be able to keep your mistakes at bay. Blender is also a free ware program that's not too bad.

Clever... don't do it again ;)

To the OP, not sure about DXF's but I'm almost positive the C4D format works exclusively with Cinema4D and there's no cheap alternative to read those files.

I have C4D so I can convert some stuff to OBJ or similar, provided there aren't a million files to do or anything :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i would recomened google sketchup for beginning 3D modeling as they have some good tutorials and teachs the basics of modeling

and the best bit is it's free

Thanks, blender and metasequoia are pretty complicated. Gonna take a while to get the hang of it.

I keep trying to open a .dxf file with metasequoia and nothing shows up. It says .dxf is a supported file type. any tips?

Have you looked at "Blender"? I use it for making models for Fallout 3 and it has .nif importers. It'll also import .dxf file types.. not sure on the other one though, but it does do .c3d.

You'll need to install python though.

BrandonT98 said:
Have you looked at "Blender"? I use it for making models for Fallout 3 and it has .nif importers. It'll also import .dxf file types.. not sure on the other one though, but it does do .c3d.

You'll need to install python though.

yep i just got it to export an obj file of an Enclave Helmet to Pep Designer. Im unfolding it now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back