Someone Has Made A Scratch Built Robocop Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieTrooper

Jr Member
Hi Guys,

the creator of this armour did this a while ago, but I only just came across his site just then. From what I've read he used cardboard for the build. This is very impressive.

Perhaps it will inspire some of our 3D modelers and pep artists?

Scratch Built Robocop Costume

Whoops, upon reflection this probably should have been posted in the general discussion thread. Can the mods move it please?

Watchu think?

This made me watch all three Robocops again ...it's still bad ...BUT the suit is awesome as always.

Any talented pep artists wanna pimp this us?

ILikeCats said:
Uh oh, error 503, service unavailable.

Yeah this is strange, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

The maker of this particular suit is called JC.

Perhaps I'll find another website with the suit on it. In the meantime, you can keep trying the link coz it may work again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah true that.

I was very impressed considering he didn't have any plans to go off on.

How I envy the talent scratch builders have.

Yeah that yahoo server is very, very temperamental.

I believe it has something to do with its inception date, which was sometime in the 14th century...

Geocities huh? Talk about oldschool.

Btw, any pep artists wanna tackle this bad boy? I would make that suit like a nuke fiend anyday.

Awesome man thanks for that.

I don't know what the process is, but after acquiring a 3D model does someone then convert it into pepakura? Or is there another stage involved?

there are several steps first get the 3d model or build the 3d model then fix and seperate the pieces and convert to obj file then insert into pep and unfold but anyway I havent mastered any of them yet except finding the models lol.

so with that being said here is the link for the robo chest plates that I kind of kixed and converted to obj you can look at em in pep and if anyone wants to unfold em I will work on pieces as I get time which I am still working on getting predator parts right now so we will see how fast I can get those and these done

here is the link for the chest

http://www.4shared.com/file/75422617/c1ada566/chest.html

Thanks a lot for that, it looks sweet as.

I'm sure if these were made and unfolded many people would want to build one. After all, who doesn't wanna be a badass metal cop?

Any unfolders out there interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back