Songs That Cut You Deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liq said:
On Xmas eve 1999 I was leaving my girlfriends house after I received a call that my grandmother, a person I loved more than anyone in the world was in a coma and going to die from some screwed up medication the doctors gave her to unclog a mild heart attack. The only thing I remember is riding in my car and hearing one song "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve. The station constantly played that song and I never payed attention to it before then. Now when I hear it that moment of time is all I think of. That song either puts me to tears or nearly does every time.

WOW IM CRYING.... I THINK THAT THE MOST TOUCHING THING ON THIS FORUM....

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodbye My Lover- James Blunt

Yah.... It makes me want to cry, for it brings back memories of a girl I don't want to think about...

Canon in D Major- Pachebel

If you've ever had the chance to hear it played by someone emotional, you'll know what I mean.

Alive- Meatloaf

Not a great song, but its helped me mentally get out of a couple holes

I suppose there are quite a few other ones, but those come to mind first.

Cheers!

Hmmm... I suppose I'll have to watch Paschendale this summer.

Prelude No. 15 "Raindrop" by Chopin.

This classic master piece sends me out to a different dimention of emotions. It's just awesome. :3

Keep them coming people, this is an example how music is more comforting than food(No offense to anyone) in times of hardship and desperation. Music helps us keep memorys we want dead alive because we know they should be, music keeps some of us intact and from breaking down. Music is the way of life.

Music helps us keep memorys we want dead alive because we know they should be, music keeps some of us intact and from breaking down. Music is the way of life.

Amen brother.

I can't stand being away from my guitar. It helps calm down, even if I don't know the song that I'm trying to play.

I even sleep with the radio on throughout the night. You can have the volume high and I'll sleep like a log , lol.

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Amen brother.

I can't stand being away from my guitar. It helps calm down, even if I don't know the song that I'm trying to play.

I even sleep with the radio on throughout the night. You can have the volume high and I'll sleep like a log , lol.

-Pony

Lol same, I have one Classic bass guiter (think pete wentz) and a basic acoustic guitar from 7 years ago, I also sleep with the radio on, well its through my phone and i wear headphones.

MUSIC!MUSIC!!MUSIICCCC!!!!Damn sugar rush.

There are so many songs that trigger different emotions in me that I cant really name just one, but I can narrow it down to 90's rock lol. Bush, nirvana, smashign pumpkins, etc so many songs tied to my high school years, so many feelings.

you know after watching this after the olympics a few months later the song kinda pulls at me now cause it is kinda sad. sure it has canadian visuals but it still works for every country in my opinion.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP9IQuz-jlk[/media]

Id have to say just ska punk music in general.

Had my best times as kid listening to no doubt, and helped me when my parents almost split.

And when i got the crap beat out of me at school/home its all i would listen to. Stuck in the 90s. :D

I have a couple. Undisclosed Desires by Muse, says the way I feel about my girl. Watching you by Rodney Atkins, says everything about my relationship with my Dad, and what I hope for with my suns. And then Behind Blue Eyes by Fred Durst. Story of my life.

Sisko4 said:
Hmm...there are a view Songs, let me see...

Macross Frontier - Infinity

Hell yes.

Songs that have a lot of meaning to me:

In the End - Linkin Park - Reminds me of the time I felt hopeless. Reminds me to strive to get better.

Phenomenon - Thousand Foot Krutch - The call to action, to become something important, has always kinda struck a chord with me.

Invoke - TM Revolution - A song about when best friends clash, this reminds me of all the best friends I've lost to distance.

Star Wars - John Williams - THE song to get me up and at 'em. It's just so inspiring, and brings up all these memories of my childhood (Which I spent watching Star Wars) and the saga.

Halo - Marty O'Donnel - Halo, one of my biggest obsessions, embodied.

We Are ODST (Light of Aidan - Lament) - Whoever It Was Who Made We Are ODST - this song, and its accompanying video, is my inspiration to keep building my ODST armor

Trials & Tribulations - Gyakuten Saiban 3 Special Edition CD - Tracing the emotions of the last section of the last case of the last game of Phoenix Wright, plus the epic score, overall.

Linehaler said:
Anything by 'Sigur Ros'.

word.

bittersweet symphony by the verve, dammit by blink 182, and letters to god by boxcar racer all have special places in muh heart.

and not really an emotional relation on this one, but AC/DC - Shoot to Thrill is my current fav killing song. Just put in bad company 2, load up this song, and start killing a path to whatever you want to blow up. it gives me goosebumps every time.

For me I would have to say "Separate Ways" by Journey (I had a similar experience) and "House at Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins. My parents used to sing that to me when I was REALLY young whenever I was upset about something, and it would calm me down.

Linehaler said:
Into the West - Lord of the Rings: Return of the king ending song.

I love that one too.

Pachelbel's Canon also known as Canon in D major

it reminds me of My Sassy Girl Korean Movie and that movie reminds me of my ex gf which is very similar to that girl in the movie.

I've got one.... "Mad World" by Gary Jules

if you listen to it, it has very beautiful, slow lyrics.

Another, "Heron Blue"

very meaningful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back