Spaces Between Folds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so i started glueing together my Mk. VI helmet. sometimes theres spaces between them. what could i use before fiberglassing to fill these up?

its hard to know what you are talking about without pictures. if you mean the tabs are too far apart, you have to redo the tab. whatever, bondo will cover it up, like Frost said.

From what I get, I think he means the spacing from one sheet of cardstock glued onto the tab, it creates a "upper level", and they arent "even", it's normal. Usually resin covers it, but there are spots only bondo can cover.

Dont forget to go to menards and pick up your respirator for 20-30 dollars, make sure it blocks organic vapors and is niosh approved! Or else.....lung cancer isnt very fun.

AoBfrost said:
From what I get, I think he means the spacing from one sheet of cardstock glued onto the tab, it creates a "upper level", and they arent "even", it's normal. Usually resin covers it, but there are spots only bondo can cover.

Dont forget to go to menards and pick up your respirator for 20-30 dollars, make sure it blocks organic vapors and is niosh approved! Or else.....lung cancer isnt very fun.
thanks. i wouldnt dream of doing this without a respirator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got pretty sick back then doing it without a respirator, now I am better and started working on armor again, I decided it was time to purchase a respirator, and since then, I feel great and have no problems. Cant smell the stuff with the respirator on!

AoBfrost said:
I got pretty sick back then doing it without a respirator, now I am better and started working on armor again, I decided it was time to purchase a respirator, and since then, I feel great and have no problems. Cant smell the stuff with the respirator on!

Hahah well you can smell it on your clothes and skin after! :eek: I usually resin my armor in a tank and shorts :D then a cold shower after that ): since a hot one will open up your pores and the resin can sink in or what ever and ruin you in a way. Or just plain bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back