Spartan 129 Armour Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 129

Jr Member
So, I finally got some good pics of my helm, going to try to get glassing today also, but here is what i have so far.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/Spar...29/P1010014.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/Spar...29/P1010016.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/Spar...29/P1010017.jpg
If this is odd tell me- i'm still a noob but i will see what i can do. :unsure:

2nd update

P1010080.jpg

helm
P1010082.jpg

P1010083.jpg

chest/backpack
P1010086.jpg

L forearm
P1010087.jpg

L shoulder
P1010089.jpg

L handplate

well i dont see any odd warps, but what kinda paper did you use? you used regular print paper?

Your folds look really good. Nice and clean. Doesn't look like anything warped on you either which is good. Keep after it! Good job so far.

Great job! very detailed version of the helmet :D

Keep it up and Keep Us Posted! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
rundown said:
well i dont see any odd warps, but what kinda paper did you use? you used regular print paper?

110 cardstock, hell no, i did my first in printer just to get the hang of it. then did a LD one to try, but it wasn't the right scale, and i didn't wan't to do it again so I went HD. working on the chest to, just got to remember the scale sose i can replace the glaring lo def with HD parts if possible.

for everyone else: Yes, it is HI DEF, 110 lb. cardstock using elmers glue. there is actually one wwarp in the last top ridge where a tab ripped off so I taped it down to hold it while i glass. plan on that to day. :lol:

Spartan 129 said:
for everyone else: Yes, it is HI DEF, 110 lb. cardstock using elmers glue.
You used DF4L's Mark VI helmet, which was released before his smooth version. Back in the day, it used to be HD model but now, when we speak of HD helmet we mean FS's model.

Ral Partha said:
You used DF4L's Mark VI helmet, which was released before his smooth version. Back in the day, it used to be HD model but now, when we speak of HD helmet we mean FS's model.

right, ill have to remember that; greaat, now I know there is a better one, do you think i should redo or continue- I must have the perfect one, that is, close as possible.
so, I used the old HD.

Whoa! I need to get on here more often! Thanks all for the reviews I will try to get pics of the chest on after i complete it. I have since glassed the inside of the helmet, but it is now to cold at my house for any more. I will keep you all posted as parts become available.

Go Spartans.

I agree with what others have said; that is indeed a very clean, well-folded helmet. I honestly can't see anything wrong with it. No warping or anything of the sort. I look forward to seeing further progress on this, dude :)

Spartan 129 progress report.

I have pep'ed the chest, which turned out with the tabs on the outside (DAMN) I might redo when I get the time, since i'm going to take a summer class at the local college... The inside of the helm is glassed once, will resin outside when warm and cut out visor/ faceplate thing. Left shoulder, forearm, and most of left hand plate completely pep'ed, and "space diaper." No pics are available right now, will try to get some. MODS: YES, I have done everything I list, and second, hope this is not necro-posting/topicing whatever. thanks all to the constructive criticisms, will keep you all posted on the tactical situation as it develops.

ps: Any advice can be PM to me, and apreciated greatly.

Spartan 129

if this was any other member then it would be necro
but since this is kind of an update i think it would be fine (although i would get pics up quickly just to make sure)

shellshocker said:
I see a problem with the chest.
It's inside out...
That happens when you flip the valley and the mountain folds. it really doesn't make a difference as long as you're consistent with it.

/\ = Mountain
\/ = Valley

Bigalt424 said:
That happens when you flip the valley and the mountain folds. it really doesn't make a difference as long as you're consistent with it.

/\ = Mountain
\/ = Valley

Yeah, the guy who did that model used
............... for up and
- - - - - - - for down, or something like that... instead of dot-dash =valley, dot-dot Mt.

anyway, i was done with a tower and didn't want to start over, took like a month of most non-school time, im careful... next time i go HD and RIGHT SIDE OUT. thanks for looking, though when i sead prob i kind of meant if the pics were too big... i have a history with that... lol! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back