Spartan Fenrir Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Fenrir

hey all just wanted to start a thread showing my progress with my Spartan Build if you guys have any recommendations please let me know!!!

Attachments

• 6CDCF72D-1D60-4D0F-9A30-AF6AF1D76BA5.jpeg
    6CDCF72D-1D60-4D0F-9A30-AF6AF1D76BA5.jpeg
    902.4 KB · Views: 342
So far my build was strictly gonna be a Matte Black Halo 5 Helljumper/ ODST style Spartan but I got to thinking. Reach Armor looks way better and I feel like I can get a better looking build once I’ve finished

Attachments

• 023B3E10-1AEB-4369-93F0-A4147384E951.jpeg
    023B3E10-1AEB-4369-93F0-A4147384E951.jpeg
    536.7 KB · Views: 317
So these will be my Side parts of my thigh Armor for mounting my pistol and possibly other items does anyone have any recommendations on what type of magnets to use for weapon mounts?

Attachments

• 252C91DB-A8CA-4371-A2A7-8F77E33F692D.jpeg
    252C91DB-A8CA-4371-A2A7-8F77E33F692D.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 324
So these will be my Side parts of my thigh Armor for mounting my pistol and possibly other items does anyone have any recommendations on what type of magnets to use for weapon mounts?
This is always a sticky topic because of preference. I would recommend neodymium magnets, or rare earth ones, because they have the best pull/force. Nothing else. If you are using them, make a hole in the material you are using so the magnets are as close as possible to each other, but not touching g or visible. Other people like making a "holster" out of a single strip of fabric or using velcro or a sliding rack, but yet again, these are viable on the armor and the prop

It is, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes fun. Give it a couple practice runs if you have to, and then we expect you to have as good a looking suit as excellur8.

No pressure! :rolleyes::p

Thank you! It’ll definitely be a challenge using a variety of different thickness of foam

The only problem you might encounter w/ different thicknesses in foam is when you are working on a large piece and 2 parts are not the same thickness. It's not a big deal really, since you are only matching up the exterior points to make it flush or a joint. But it's looking good so far. Nicely done.

It is, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes fun. Give it a couple practice runs if you have to, and then we expect you to have as good a looking suit as excellur8.

No pressure! :rolleyes::p
Lol I’ll definitely be taking my time with this hahaha want the finished product to look as close to real as possible. Wish I could cast it but foam will definitely be more comfortable for long events

The only problem you might encounter w/ different thicknesses in foam is when you are working on a large piece and 2 parts are not the same thickness. It's not a big deal really, since you are only matching up the exterior points to make it flush or a joint. But it's looking good so far. Nicely done.
Thank you!

Question if anyone can answer their preference I have two different options for my Magnets Disk and Rectangular who prefers whichever and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back