Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Released to the Public

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16710

EDIT: Just a little teaser of whats coming up next

m5k.jpg

Holy....

*Super amazed*

I do think the Helmet is a little on the... Heavy side, but I can live with it. Has anyone finished the Pep model in R/L yet? I'd like to see what you guys have (If you're finished with it of course)

That Gun... Holy...

FANTASTIC WORK EVERYONE!!!

Spartan 051, I think you should work on the rest of the suit before going and building the gun. Just my 2 cents.

I would start on the rest of the suit but there isnt a good picture of the side for me to use. Im just doing the gun because its relatively easy and i can compare it to the AR and the BR

Yah i would also like to see the armor done first, but hey anything goes for me! Your pep file rocks btw. (My favorite pieces are the gauntlets, haha just for your information) Keep up the good work!

Yeah one of these days i might. The SPI helm was my second model with blender and ive only used google sketchup in the past

EDIT: OFF TOPIC

i got to finish my TDK joker mask before i can finish work on the m5k or the armor though. But hopefully this will get released with box o crayons help on the unfold

I'm sorry this has been taking so long, but i've been sick the last few days. I'll have the thing done in a day TOPS. here are some pics of how far i've gotten, i've only got 2 1/2 pages left.

P.S. if you could, try to make the finished pep model soother that it is. The helmet visor is all bumpy and not symmetrical on each side. But it is pretty good, considering that this is the FIRST pep model ever!

Edit: there's the pics!!

P.S. if you could, try to make the finished pep model soother that it is. The helmet visor is all bumpy and not symmetrical on each side

The hole helm should be symmetrical i modeled one half then mirrored it to get the opposite side. Over all there isnt any bumps on the helm that are that noticeable but the ones are there can be fixed with bondo and sanding

But great job on the helm

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some differences, but they don't matter TOO much. And I didn't really mean "bumps" as you would think, I was trying to say all of the little cuts and folds that really wouldn't matter in the end. Srry for the confusion. ;)

Edit: Here's some pics!

Yeah those i knew before i released it but they should effect the build any so i let them slide. But the only major "bumps" i spotted when you look down on the helm and it not 100% smooth but it can be easily fix

s3-1.jpg

EDIT: But im 99% sure that the model is symmetrical

This visor is impossible, you say? Think again!

Crappy MSpaint drawings FTW!

3327001339_b2fb9beeeb_o.jpg

This method would give you great lateral vision and probably good enough forward vision.

Spartan 051 said:
Im sure you could also use window tint for the red area that might give you more "play" in getting the curve right
That's an option, but window tint just doesn't have the same reflectivity as a moto visor. Additionally, a motorcycle visor can be bent into shape (to a certain extent,) which renders it still a viable option in this application.

But i dont think a motorcycle visor could bend that much if you look post #131 it show how much you would have to bend it

Spartan 051 said:
But i dont think a motorcycle visor could bend that much if you look post #131 it show how much you would have to bend it

You may be able to heat it up, then bend it and keep it that way as it cools. That may work, or it could shatter it, I dont know. :p

hey dont waste your time man that gun has been done i have two variations of it in my files just look up MA5C in the search it has a squared grip and the rounded one like in the pic....just a heads up to save some time

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The rifle is actually called the MA5K, NOT the MA5C. If you look in the weapons forum, there is an amazing thread by Spartan 161 who has actually made the MA5K using pepakura and scratch made. give it a look

Also, Spartan 051, you are awesome! the helmet is a very enjoyable make and im about half way through already (started yesterday). I would also love to see the whole suit made by yourself so please go ahead, you can do it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back