Spartan Reference pictures *2048x2049 & 1024x1024*

Status
Not open for further replies.
leegrisham said:
As much as I hate to necro this topic, I was wondering if there was anyone who could fill grim's place and get renders of halo 3 material, it looks like sept 07 was his last activity, right about when he stopped posting here. He provided good reference from the DOA model, but looks like he has gone MIA. Does anyone know how to create the renders like he did? I am getting close to detailing pieces of my armor and some H3 renders like these would be magical.

The closest thing we have up is in-game renders.. over in the gallery:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?automodu...eq=sc&cat=5
Though I think most folks around here have large archives of their own they've collected.. I know I do.

The halo 3 beta models are floating around, though, and I think they had a bump map, but no textures, so they're not really suitable for rendering.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
vrogy i wouldnt say that

H3b_spartan_red.jpg
m

H3b_spartan_pink.jpg

H3b_spartan_blue.jpg

The model and skin is from the beta

Spartan 051 said:
vrogy i wouldnt say that

The model and skin is from the beta

Good, so the texture is out there, too- now post the rest of the orthogonals- top, side, bottom, back, and maybe a perspective/isometric for kicks, eh? :)

Vrogy said:
Good, so the texture is out there, too- now post the rest of the orthogonals- top, side, bottom, back, and maybe a perspective/isometric for kicks, eh? :)
i would have talk to the that did it but im sure he can

EDIT: the model and the skin in some game

Then how he did it was by

- Opened the texture in photoshop
- cut out the visor texture and put it on it's own sheet
- Opened the model up in 3ds max and separated the visor mesh from the main mesh
- UV Unwrapped the separated visor mesh and matched it to the new visor texture
- Turned the visor mesh into an editable poly
- Attached it to the main mesh once again

visortesttb4.jpg

Vrogy if yo figure it out you should take some pictures for the gallery see if you can put some HD pics in there

wow thats great, if you have more please post them!
by the way vrogy that link you posted is full of get refs too.

If these folks are taking the bump and making it model geometry.. we might be able to do a textured pep reference tool- like this one:
MKV_REF.pdo
Which would totally kick ass, because people already have pepakura to view it in.

leegrisham said:
wow thats great, if you have more please post them!
that all i could get

I need to try it out myself see if i can do what he did

Vrogy said:
If these folks are taking the bump and making it model geometry.. we might be able to do a textured pep reference tool-
We could to way more than that. That would give us the exact 3D image we see in-game. Would take a lot of the pressure off the HD modelers, that's for sure.

I've been trying to apply the bumpmap in Maya, but I know so little about what I'm doing...

Nicktendo said:
I've been trying to apply the bumpmap in Maya, but I know so little about what I'm doing...
Everything you guys are talking about is way above me... :rolleyes
I really love the work though when we get neat references!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back